Summer seems like a good excuse to indulge in all your favorite party foods. Ice cream, barbecue, hamburgers, soda—while there’s nothing wrong about giving in to these yummy treats now and then, there is a better way to indulge without compromising your health. Check out a few of our suggested alternative summer foods!
1. Give up ice cream for frozen yogurt. Frozen yogurt is just as delicious as your favorite ice cream, but has fewer calories. Just make sure you don't go overboard with your toppings!
2. Replace your regular burger with tofu burger. You can have a regular burger anytime you want, so why not take a bite out of a tofu burger this summer? You might be surprised at how much you'll love this meat alternative!
3. Instead of barbecue, go for grilled vegetables. According to FitDay.com, grilling vegetables is a great way to keep greens in their most natural state. Since you don't have to wait very long for them to be grilled to perfection, the veggies retain most of their nutrients.
4. Trade in your soda for a refreshing fruit shake. With a lot of delicious fruits in season this summer, you have no excuse not to try drinking fruit shakes! Besides, they're definitely more refreshing that your usual soda anyway.
5. Leave your white bread for salad. If you regularly start your meals with bread, replace it with salad, at least, for the summer. It's a great way to mix up your diet, and score health points to boot!
(Photo by Kim Smith via Flickr Creative Commons)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CommentsLoad More Stories