Angel Locsin, who has time and again proved that not all heroes wear capes, has been trending on social media due to a January 13, 2020 post asking for information about what is needed to help those affected by the Taal Volcano eruption.
"Anyone here na may na-conduct na assessment kung anong mga kailangan," the actress called out on Twitter, "anu-anong baranggays at ilang families per baranggay? Thank you #Taal"
Netizens were quick to reply with what information they have, calling Angel "Darna" and "my hero", and forwarding information on families in evacuation centers, donation and volunteer hubs, and other means of support.
Angel has always been known to consistently offer help when needed, and she does it without fanfare. In 2017, she was spotted visiting Marawi evacuees in Iligan City displaced by the seige and bombings. In 2019, she quietly flew to Davao to bring relief goods to those affected by a 6.5-magnitude earthquake. These, and all of her efforts, have recently garnered her a spot in Forbes Asia's 2019 Heroes of Philanthropy list, which celebrates "30 outstanding altruists" who continue to change and improve lives.
"Filipinos have always been known for 'bayanihan'," Angel said in an earlier post. "I’m nowhere near from being a billionaire, but I try my best to do my part in my own little way."
If you wish to help those affected by Taal's eruption, click here for a list of institutions that need volunteers and accept donations.
- Taal Volcano Erupts, PHIVOLCS Raises Alert Status to Level 3
- No Volcanic Tsunami as of Now, Taal Alert Level 4 Remains, Says PHIVOLCS Director
- Ladies, You Have the Right to Refuse to Work in Times of Emergency
- This Couple Got Married in Tagaytay Amid Taal Volcano Eruption
- Do This Before Cleaning up Ashfall From Your Garden
- Where to Volunteer, Send Donations for Those Affected by Taal's Eruption
- Coffee Farms Most Affected by Taal Eruption, Says Report