Over on Instagram, the It girl revealed that she borrowed the Filipiniana from her mom, Miss Universe 1969 Gloria Diaz, who wore the elegant number when she crowned Miss India back in 1994.
"I feel like sustainable is the new vintage," Belle captioned her red carpet photo.
According to the actress, the timeless blue terno was designed by Pepito Albert.
Here's a nostalgic clip of Gloria Diaz wearing the vintage dress at the Miss Universe 1994 coronation night (feel free to skip to 7:37):
This isn't the first time Isabelle Daza borrowed one of her mom's historic looks. In 2017, the actress dressed up as Gloria—when she was crowned as the 1969 Miss Universe—at Tim Yap's costume party.
We love how Belle's red carpet looks at the ABS-CBN Ball always seem to have an interesting story to tell. Last year, the It girl attended the star-studded event foundation-free!
More on the ABS-CBN Ball 2019:
- Raymond Gutierrez to Bea Alonzo: "Single looks good on you."
- This New, Celeb-Approved, Anti-Pimple Facial was Launched at the Belo Beauty Suite
- The Little Details in the ABS-CBN Ball 2019
- 10 Elegant Modern Filipiniana Looks at the ABS-CBN Ball 2019
- Short and Sweet Moments Celebs Let Loose at the 2019 ABS-CBN Ball
- This is What It Feels Like to Get Pampered Like a Celeb at the Belo Beauty Suite