It can be hard to jump on the healthy-eating bandwagon. After all, it’s often difficult to prepare some healthy baon for yourself if you’re working a lot of overtime as it is. And that fast food joint around the corner from your office must be mighty convenient in a pinch--especially when you need a stress munchie run.
Check out the gallery below for a few things you can use as healthy alternatives to your daily diet staples.
For articles on healthy eating, check these out on FN:
- Pound Patrol: 7 Bad Eating Habits You Should Drop to Control Your Weight
- Healthy Options: 10 Substitutes for High-Carb Foods
- Tipid Tips: How to Eat Healthy on a Budget
- Tipid Tips: 5 Low-Cost Healthy Foods
- Watch What You Eat: 5 Food Culprits You Should Be Wary Of
- 15 Healthy Foods That Help Reduce Stress
- Hold the Salt: Yummy Low-Salt Recipes for the Health-Conscious
- 22 Yummy Heart-Healthy Recipes
- 20 Meat-Free Recipes Perfect For Lent
(First published as "Smart Swaps" in the August 2010 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines; adapted for use in Female Network.)