It’s a rare woman who doesn’t wear a half dozen or more labels—mom, wife, girlfriend, career woman, daughter, friend, sister, and so on. We spend so much time living up to all the positions we fill in life that it’s easy to forget how important it is to take a little time out for ourselves.
But it is very important that we do so, and there’s no shame or selfishness in once in a while asking, “What about me?” After all, if you get burned out because you don’t get enough “me” time, it makes you even less able to be the capable career girl, the competent and caring mom, the loving wife, the dutiful daughter, and any of the other roles you may fulfill in life.
So FN has listed some tips on carving out a little time for yourself, despite your busy schedule; just check out the slide show below.
Want more articles on time management and de-stressing? Click on the following:
- Rest and Relaxation: 20 Ways You Can Unwind after Work
- 25 Gastos-Free Ways to Spoil Yourself
- One Serene Soul: Lessons in Work-Life Balance from Anne Arcenas-Gonzalez
- Burnout Busters: 3 Tips to Avoid Working Yourself to Exhaustion
- Burnout Busters: 8 Stress-Relief Techniques for Career Women
- 15 Healthy Foods That Help Reduce Stress
- Mommy Zen: Keeping Calm in the Midst of Family Chaos
- Good-Time Girl: 5 Tips for Better Time Management
- The Best Time to Do Everything: 24 Tips for Managing Your Time Efficiently
(First published as “What About Me?” in the December 2008 issue of Marie Claire Philippines; adapted for use in Female Network)