In a live interview on Gandang Gabi Vice on January 8, presidential sister Kris Aquino confessed that the government needed Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago's support in the impeachment case against Chief Justice Renato Corona.
She said this in response to a question from one of her Twitter followers, who asked her which of the following she would date if she were a man: Sen. Santiago, former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, or former first lady Imelda Marcos.
"I really have to choose? Okay. Si Senator Miriam kasi kailangan namin ng boto niya sa impeachment," she said, laughing.
PhilStar.com previously reported that Sen. Santiago called on her co-judges to restudy the laws and base the outcome of the impeachment case on the evidence presented by both the House of Representatives and the defense, especially since the public will be following the details of the trial.
The impeachment trial is set to start on January 16.
Sen. Santiago, who was elected judge of the International Criminal Court in December, will be resigning from her position in the Senate when she gets called to serve in The Hague in The Netherlands.
For more articles on Kris Aquino, check these out on FN:
- Kris Aquino, Angel Locsin, and More Stars Help Sendong Victims
- Boy Abunda Says Kris Aquino Is at Her Best When She's Single
- Kris Aquino Wants Freedom to Love Again This Christmas
- Kris Aquino, John Lloyd Cruz Top Nielsen Media's Celebrity Endorsers List
- Kris Aquino to Become Goodwill Ambassador for the UN High Commission for Refugees
- Kris Aquino Reveals New Home in YES! Magazine's September 2011 issue!
If you want to read about Sen. Santiago, try these:
- Sen. Defensor-Santiago's So-Called "Anti-Epal" Bill in Review: Do you think it should be passed? (Poll)
- Pro-RH Personalities: 25 Celebrities Who Openly Support the RH Bill
- The 10 Inspiring Winners of Female Network's Womanity Awards
- Lea Salonga, Angel Locsin, Miriam Defensor-Santiago, and more share why they support the RH Bill
- Women with Balls: Top 10 Fierce Pinays
(Photo of Kris Aquino courtesy of PEP.ph; photo of Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago from the office of Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago)