Queen of All Media Kris Aquino and Black Eyed Peas rapper Apl.de.Ap shared playful banter at a recent press conference, The Philippine Star reports. The two stars are working on a commercial for San Miguel Beer Pale Pilsen, which started filming on February 22.
"Are you single? Because I'm single now," Kris is quoted as asking Apl. Her marriage to basketball player James Yap was officially annulled earlier this month.
"Yes, I am," the singer replied.
Kris expressed how flattered she was to be doing a commercial with Apl and even thanked him for his contributions to the Philippines. Apl is helping impoverished children in the country, beginning with his hometown of Angeles, Pampanga, through his Apl.de.Ap Foundation.
Meanwhile, Apl revealed that he was excited to work with Kris, especially since he used to watch her on TV when he was a child.
"Apl, magka-edad lang tayo, ha (Apl, we're the same age)," Kris immediately reacted. "I just started really young."
“That’s what I’m saying. You were on TV while I was running around in my tsinelas," Apl replied.
Apl later confessed in a separate interview with The Philippine Star that he was starstruck when he met Kris. “You know, well, I was really shocked. I haven’t gone shy for a while," he is quoted as saying. "I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, I can’t believe [it’s] Kris Aquino.' She’s like an iconic lady, very beautiful and very smart. Yes, she’s my type. I like her brains."
For more on Kris Aquino, try these galleries and articles that feature her:
- 10 Things We Love about Kris Aquino
- Kris Aquino, Angel Locsin, and More Stars Help Sendong Victims
- Boy Abunda Says Kris Aquino Is at Her Best When She's Single
- Kris Aquino Wants Freedom to Love Again This Christmas
- Kris Aquino, John Lloyd Cruz Top Nielsen Media's Celebrity Endorsers List
- Kris Aquino to Become Goodwill Ambassador for the UN High Commission for Refugees
- Kris Aquino Reveals New Home in YES! Magazine's September 2011 issue!
For more on Apl.de.ap, check these out on FN:
- Apl.de.Ap to Join EDSA 25th Anniversary Concert + 5 Ways to Celebrate Being Filipino
- 20 International Stars You Didn’t Know Had Filipino Blood
(Photos courtesy of PEP.ph)