News of actress Andi Eigenmann's pregnancy rocked the showbiz world in July, but while she faced the controversy bravely with the support of her family, she chose to keep quiet about the identity of her baby's father. Over a month later, after dropping under the radar to focus on her pregnancy, Andi finally revealed Albie Casiño, her first boyfriend, as her baby's daddy in an entry on her Posterous.com blog, The Good That Won't Come Out Chapter: Deux.
While she has since edited the entry to remove his name, in the original text, Andi wrote, "Maybe instead of feeling bad that Albie left me to take on this responsibility by myself, I should thank him for giving me the opportunity [to] go out and find genuine happiness once again."
Andi shares how she bears Albie no ill will despite everything. "I'd obviously love for him to be around eventually. You know, to save myself the struggle to find a good way to explain his absence to his child. At the same time, I'd understand. ['Cause] after all, I have no idea who or what kind of a person all the fame and fortune has turned him into now. All I hope is that he's well."
Andi also writes about her thoughts on her impending motherhood. "As soon as I have learned to embrace the fact that instead of having a child at the age of 29, it was blessed upon me as early as now, all those points that would usually bring me to endless tears, have remained to be dreams, STILL highly possible from coming true," she says. "This just goes to show that, yes, amidst the lack of maternal instincts and no ounce of being nurturing or maternal whatsoever, I am now undoubtedly ready to raise a child on my own."
She adds that God is "awesome" and always knows what's best for each person. "Though not everything may go our way, things will always end up to be just what would keep us happy and contented."
Andi ends her reflections with the goals she still has for the future, like her dream wedding, her wish to earn acting awards like her parents have, and her dedication to making a difference. "What about them all?" she writes. "The answer to that isn't even that there are better things planned out for me. It's--I just need to wait patiently for the perfect time. Everything will soon fall into place."
Like Andi, are you about to start your journey as a single parent? Or perhaps you already are one, but you're having trouble getting started. Check out this article for tips:
Want more articles for single moms? Try these for advice:
- Survival Guide for Pinoy Single Parents: 8 Tips
- Amy Perez Shares 5 Tips on Dealing with Stress and Single Motherhood
- Single Mom Looking for Love: When to Tell Your Guy You're Part of a Package Deal
- The Single Mom's Guide to Dating
Interested in reading more articles about Andi? Check these out:
- Andi Eigenmann Confirmed Pregnant by Mom Jaclyn Jose + What would you do if you were in Andi's shoes?
- Andi Eigenmann allegedly accused of cheating by ex-boyfriend Albie Casiño
- Andi Eigenmann Sizzles in The Ramp’s Summerwear
- FN Exclusive: Andi Eigenmann Shares 5 Life Lessons on Beauty, Simplicity, and Happiness
- Jaclyn Jose and Andi Eigenmann Share 5 Tips on Mother-Daughter Bonding
- Andi Eigenmann Vamps It Up for The Ramp + 30 Great Get-Ups
(Photos courtesy of PEP.ph)