Everyone knows Isabelle Daza as the daughter of the Philippines's first Miss Universe title holder, Gloria Diaz, but back when Belle was just growing up, she was into sports more than feminine fare like pretty clothes. While she has turned into quite a fashionista, she still maintains her love of sports, especially basketball, and she never misses a chance to work out.
In Women's Health Philippines's December 2011 issue, Belle talks about her various passions and shares her sure-fire tips for keeping yourself fit. Read on for a preview of what she said.
1. WORK OUT.
"It doesn't matter how; if you can't run, then walk. Just find the time to break a sweat two to three times a week."
2. BALANCE WHAT YOU EAT.
"Don't have a cheeseburger for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can eat junk food but not all the time."
3. CHOOSE THE RIGHT THINGS TO EAT.
"Instead of white bread, eat whole grain. I once baked cookies with just egg whites (no yolks), half the sugar, and avocado instead of butter. So many people liked them! It's about finding those little tricks."
4. KNOW YOUR BODY.
"Know what makes you gain weight. I can eat lots of carbs and burn it all, but sugar makes me bigger."
5. JUST DO IT--EXERCISE.
"Motivation will come later. A lot of people don't know that when you work out, you feel happy, and when you don't, you feel sluggish. Sometimes I don't want to work out; I just want to stay home and watch the Kardashians! But I go anyway, and afterwards, I feel so much better."
6. NEVER THINK THERE'S NO HOPE.
"My brother was 250 pounds. All he did was walk one hour a day, and he lost 30 pounds in a month!"
To read more about Belle Daza, grab a copy of Women's Health Philippines's December 2011 issue, out on stands now!
Also in this issue:
- Rules for Long-Lasting Love
- Eat Out and Still Lose Weight! Avoid Holiday Fat Traps
- The Women's Health 2011 Beauty Special
For more Women's Health excerpts, check these out on FN:
- 5 Tips for Keeping Yourself Sane at Work from Erich Gonzales
- 3 Tips on Staying Healthy for Life from Tweetie de Leon Gonzalez
- 5 Life Lessons from Lovi Poe
- 5 Life Lessons You Can Learn from Sam Pinto
- 5 Tips on Enjoying Life from Marian Rivera
- 5 Life Lessons You Can Learn from Angelica Panganiban
(Photo by BJ Pascual)