Training is only 30 percent of weight loss success, and eating clean counts for the other 70 percent. No one understands this and applies it better than Judy Ann Santos does, especially after she took up formal cooking classes. In fact, this star admits to believing in the importance of cheat days.

Ayoko naman i-deprive ‘yung sarili ko sa food, kasi ‘pag ginagawa ko ‘yun, nalulungkot ako (I don’t want to deprive myself of food, because if I do that, I get sad),” Juday said. “I work out because I want to eat.”

Here, she shares how you could eat without weight-gain worry.

1. TRICK YOUR TASTE BUDS.
Juday recently developed a sweet tooth, but instead of snacking on sugary treats, she likes to go for a healthier fruits-and-yogurt combo. “If I want to eat more, I try to make it interesting. Minsan, I include fruits with my plain yogurt and add cinnamon and granola.”

2. DON’T AVOID FOOD.
“Eating is part of our lives. So kapag weekend, splurge naman kaming mag-asawa. Cheat days namin ‘yun (So on weekends, my husband and I would splurge. Those are our cheat days.).”

3. HOLD BACK WHEN YOU NEED TO.
Kung gusto ko mag-junk food, kakain ako ng junk food. Pero kinabukasan ‘pag feel ko, ‘Ay, grabe kain ako ng kain sa taping,’ mag-sa-salad na lang ako in the morning (If I want to eat junk food, I’ll eat junk food. But the next day, when I feel like I keep eating during tapings, I’ll just eat a salad in the morning.).” Juday also goes back to the Cohen diet for three days after continuous cheat days.

4. KNOW THAT TASTY DISHES DON’T HAVE TO BE FRIED.
“I bake instead, and I use ingredients na hangga’t maari, organic.”

5. CHOW DOWN IN THE A.M.
Hindi ako magfu-function kung hindi masarap ang breakfast (I can’t function if my breakfast isn’t delicious),” says Juday, a proud rice-eater in the morning.


Learn how Judy Ann Santos keeps herself in tip-top shape by grabbing the September 2013 issue of Women’s Health, out on stands now! You can also subscribe to the magazine’s digital edition.

Also in this issue:
Drop A Dress Size!
6 Work Habits To Take You To The Top
Banish Junk Food Cravings, Stat!

(Photo by Mark Nicdao)

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Get the latest updates from Female Network
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Comments

Latest Stories

Load More Stories