What are your expectations when it comes to your kids' performance at school? As a parent, you naturally want your kids to succeed, but how much pressure is too much? Overdoing it may result in highly stressed kids who may constantly live in fear of disappointing you or facing punishment for failing.
Today’s world is starting to be very competitive, and setting expectations that are too high for your children to achieve--be it in their studies or in sports--may damage their emotional well-being when they fail to meet them. Read on to learn what you can do to raise kids who are academically fulfilled.
Learn more about raising a children who are happy achievers from these FN articles:
- Raising Winners: 5 Tips to Help You Hone Your Children's Potential
- Are you pushing your child too hard? 5 Things to Consider
- 5 Tips on Raising a Bright Girl Who Doesn’t Buckle under Pressure
- Does the Chinese "Tiger Mother" method really work? + 5 Effective Parenting Tips
- Cream of the Crop: 4 Qualities of Excellent Students
- 10 Tips for Helping Your Child Develop Good Study Habits
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
(First published in Good Housekeeping Magazine, Good Family Section as "Teacher Says" in August 2008; adapted for use in Female Network, with additional reporting by Liana Smith-Bautista.)
Trending on Network