Maximizing precious space is a top priority, given the often limited sizes of today’s condominium units. With the help of a designer, this unit was turned into a stylish, airy space with lots of room for storage. The designer used a mixture of modern and Filipino-influenced furniture to create this look. The irregularly ribbed surfaces add interesting texture to the space, and materials like crushed bamboo, capiz, and coco shell accessories infused a distinctly Pinoy feel.
For virtual tours of similar homes, check out these links on FN:
- Modern Asian Style: Asian Spice
- Modern Asian Style: The Harmonious House of Two Sisters
- Modern Asian Style: In the House of Stone and Light
- Modern Asian Style: Minimally Yours
- Modern Asian Style: Half and Half
(First published in Real Living Magazine, Real Home section as "Filipino Flair" in January to February 2009; photos by Jun Pinzon; adapted for use in Female Network)