Shorts need not be reserved for those casual days where you don't want to bother dressing up. With a couple of easy styling tweaks, this leg-baring piece can also make you look classy for your next catch-up session with your girls or even for an afternoon business meeting outside the office.
1. Layer a long outerwear—may it be a sleeveless blazer or an unbuttoned shirt dress—over a tank top and shorts for the perfect balance of skin exposure.
2. Turn up to your ladies’ meet-up at a fancy resto or bar in a dressy, long-sleeved blouse tucked into a black denim shorts.
Complete the look with neutral-colored heels (or flats)!
3. For something a bit more laid-back, tuck in a white button-down shirt into your denim shorts, but finish off the look with a pair of smart shoes (think: leather flats!) for a polished touch.
FN Tip: You can also pair it with white sneakers for a casual yet clean and coordinated look!
4. Upgrade your wardrobe with smart tailored shorts that always look sophisticated even if you pair them with a plain, white T-shirt!
TRY: Uniqlo Women Satin Shorts, P990, available in select Uniqlo stores
5. Dress down a playful, bright-colored pair of shorts with a neutral-colored blouse.
6. Dressing in one color never fails to grant a polished appearance!
FN Tip: Your casual shorts can look even more posh with a black leather belt thrown in the mix!