Despite all the classy, fasyon pieces residing in her closet, Heart Evangelista likes reaching for her humble white T-shirt from time to time, and we can't blame her! The basic piece is easy and comfy to wear. And if Heart's OOTDs are enough proof, a casual white T-shirt can look just as expensive as your button-down shirt. It's only a matter of styling! Here are a few fashion tricks we learned from the actress:
1. First things first: Invest in a high-quality white T-shirt.
T-shirts get worn out quick; a loose and formless top may look too informal, so you may want to get one that's well-made and won't easily thin out.
FN Tip: Look for a well-fitted tee that will hold up even after several washes. P.S. High-quality shirts tend to feel heavier compared to regular ones due to the higher threadcount.
2. Get inspired by Heart's casual yet classy shirt-and-jeans combo: a white tee paired with white denim pants.
3. Elevate your basic white tees with gold jewelry.
The metallic shade classily pops against the clean hue.
4. Shake off your shirt's laid-back appeal by tucking it in a dressy maxi skirt.
Bonus: style it with a colored, structured blazer for your next office OOTD.
5. Casual Fridays? Neatly tuck a fitted tee into a dark denim skirt.
Dark colors conceal imperfections and creases so clothing in deeper hues naturally appear neat and polished.
6. Pay attention to your shoes...
...because they easily stand out when you're wearing a plain outfit. Heart, for instance, can make any of her most dressed-down ensembles look sophistacted by just adding a pair of nude heels.
If you're not into wearing heels, don't worry; reach for other posh-looking shoe styles like nude-colored low heels or pointed flats.
Try this square-toed, low-heeled leather pair from Marikina:
TRY: Giovanne The Label The Lily, P1,550, available online