1. It never goes out of style.
Black is present in many of our closets because it's always in. Whether it's the year 1990 or 2025, your black swimsuit will look timely.
2. Black is always sexy.
There's something mysterious and seductive about black—no matter how conservative or revealing the outfit is.
3. Black swimsuits and bikinis are universally flattering.
No matter what body type you may have, a black swimsuit will hug your curves in the right places.
3. It comes in different styles—and always works!
It's like the LBD of swimwear because it's so versatile. You can even wear your bikini top or one-piece with jeans for a night out. Cost-per-wear is a win!
4. It's photogenic.
No one ever looked bad in a black swimsuit, so pose away!
Check out the best black swimsuits to try, depending on your goal!
1. Wear a belted swimsuit to create an hourglass shape.
TRY: Cesa Pippa Belted Maillot (Available in XS to XL), P2,580, Cesa
2. A classic black maillot will never go out of style, and it's flattering on all body types.
TRY: Forever 21 One-Piece Cutout Swimsuit (Available in S to XL), SM Megamall
3. The haltered straps of this bikini top can provide extra lift no matter the bust size.
TRY: Debenhams Beach Collection Black Underwired Non-Padded Halterneck Bikini Top (Available in 32DD up to 40G), Rustan’s
4. This modest swimsuit has a haltered neckline to accentuate the shoulders, and a cutout right above the puson—making it flattering for all body types.
TRY: Sandy Cheeks The North Sea Swimsuit (Available in XS to 4XL), P1,875, Sandy Cheeks
5. Feel like a sultry villainess in this asymmetric one-piece.
TRY: Swash Laika Swimsuit (Available in XS to XL), P1,850, Swash
6. Whether you've got a full or small chest, this ruched bikini will look good on you.
TRY: Mango Ruched Bikini Top (Available in S to L), P1,495, Glorietta
7. If you're conscious of your arms, try this short-sleeved bikini. It comes with a high-waist bottom, too!
TRY: Ocean Essentials Agua Bikini Black, P1,999 (Available in XS to XL), Ocean Essentials
8. This style cinches your waist so you won't worry about the food baby you'll have after eating.
TRY: H&M Shaping Swimwear (Available in 34 to 44), P1,690, SM Megamall
9. For extra coverage with a hint of sexiness, try this long-sleeved (yet backless!) rashguard bodysuit.
TRY: Wear Sundae Andie Rashie Long Sleeved One Piece, P2,500, Wear Sundae
10. Awkard tan lines won't be a problem with this slinky little black bikini.
TRY: Eighth Mermaid Frankie Top (Available in XS to L, P1,200, Eighth Mermaid
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Femalenetwork.com editors.