We can't count the times we've exclaimed "Ang init!" ever since the summer season started. Everyone seems so desperate to stay and smell fresh all day because the sun's power is just too strong to stop the sweat from dripping! This is also the time when we prefer to skip putting on makeup—wearing layers of it just feels sticky and we also have to worry about it not melting off our faces. But what if you really need to apply foundation and powder? How do you manage to keep your face looking fresh and not shiny or cakey?
Fil-Am beauty vlogger Jessica MacCleary understands the struggle of keeping makeup intact in the Philippines' hot and humid weather. She shares her tips on how to preserve your makeup on your face amidst all the sweating and shine. Also, we share our FN-approved long-lasting makeup faves below:
Start practicing her tips with these awesome products:
1. Remove unwanted oil buildup and leftover makeup debris
TRY: Simple Micellar Cleansing Wipes, at department stores
2. Prep skin by hydrating it with a lightweight moisturizer.
TRY: Kiehl's Pure Vitality Skin Renewal Cream, at Greenbelt 5
3. Use a primer to help your foundation last.
TRY: Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser, P299, at department stores
4. Dust a thin veil of finely-milled translucent powder to fight shine before it starts.
TRY: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder, at SM Megamall
5. Mist a setting makeup spray to lock everything in its place.
TRY: L'Oreal Infallible Setting Spray, P500, at department stores