Hitting your 30s makes you realize how crucial it is to live within your means, and one tried-and-tested tip to do so is to pay yourself first every time your suweldo arrives. This means setting aside money for your life savings before you pay your bills as well as actually enjoying the fruits of your labor because yes, while being matipid is good, you shouldn't deprive yourself of the finer things in life.
That said, if you're looking to treat yourself without going overbudget, you can't go wrong with dropping by at a beauty counter! Fortunately, most beauty products in the market don't normally go over P2,000 (unless of course, it's from a high-end brand). For proof, here are some of the latest beauty buys worth treating yourself to:
1. A macaron-scented liquid lipstick you seriously won't have to reapply after lunch—or even after dinner with your BFFs.
Because you won't have to constantly reapply, a tube will last longer than usual. Sulit!
TRY: L’Oreal Infallible Les Macarons 16HR Liquid Lipstick, P399, available at Lazada
2. A two-tone moisturizing lipstick that effectively keeps your puckers soft while giving you that youthful, just-bitten lip with just one swipe:
FN Tip: Focus on dabbing the darker shade on your inner lip if you want to make the gradient effect even more noticeable.
TRY: Avon True Dual Gradient Lipstick, P224.25 (from P299), available online
3. A medium to full coverage concealer that can fully cover dark circles without the heavy feel.
The lightweight formula is perfect for mature skin!
TRY: Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Cakeless Concealer, P1,460, available in all Benefit Cosmetic stores starting September 1, 2019.
4. This aloe vera-infused, cream-gel moisturizer has two added benefits: it cools and soothes irritated skin.
FN Tip: You can keep it in the freezer (yes, it can be used frozen!) to enhance its cooling effect.
TRY: The Face Shop Jeju Aloe Refreshing Soothing Gel, P295, available at Lazada
5. For a light, everyday base: This creamy, mineral-rich sheer tint foundation evens out the complexion for that my-skin-but-better effect!
TRY: Healthy Options
6. For the ladies who are willing to splurge a bit more: shorten your everyday routine with this refreshing face mist that acts as a moisturizer and a primer.
The mist contains rose gold-colored shimmer so you'll get a clean, glowing base before doing your makeup.
TRY: Smashbox Photo Finish Crystalized Primerizer Primer and Moisturizer in 1, available at Beauty Bar
7. A work-friendly lipstick that feels as light as a sheer lippie when worn but delivers a full, matte finish:
TRY: Penshoppe Beauty Pop LiteMatte Lipsticks, P219, available online
8. Save some space in your kikay kits with this 2-in-1 face product that contains a translucent powder (perfect for retouches and mattifying the skin!) and a neutral-colored powder to even out your complexion:
TRY: POP Studio Duets - Mattifying and Coverage Powder, P249, Glorietta
P.S. Pop Studio just opened their new flagship store at Level 1, Glorietta, so you can finally swatch Sarah G.'s makeup line before splurging!
Bonus: An office desk must-have when it comes to hygiene: A poop spray you can spritz on the toilet bowl's water before doing your business so you'll feel confident walking out of that shared bathroom.
Its proprietary blend of natural essential oils is formulated to trap odor under the toilet water’s surface. P.S. With its elegant packaging, you won’t feel embarrassed about taking it out of your bag, either!
TRY: Poo Pourri Before You Go Toilet Spray Vanilla Mint, available at Beauty Bar