Megastar Sharon Cuneta, who hosts reality show The Biggest Loser: Pinoy Edition, reveals that she's lost over 20 pounds through a combination of diets, the constant being avoiding carbs. "Ano lang talaga, I cut out as much as [sic] carbo as I could," she is quoted as saying on ABS-CBNNews.com. "Wala akong set na diet. It's really a mixture. I have a cousin who's kind of a health buff, so she tells me na ganito ganyan tapos, hinahalo ko sa ibang diet na na-try ko na, aba, nag-work naman. (I have a cousin who's a bit of a health buff, and she tells me what to do. I combined her tips with other diets I've tried, and, well, it worked.)"
Sharon shares that she wants to lose 20 more pounds before she can declare she's satisfied with her weight. In July, hairstylist-makeup artist Fanny Serrano, one of Sharon's friends, told ABS-CBNNews.com just how much progress Sharon had made at the time. "Kasi alam mo ang bewang niya from 40 plus [inches] ay nasa 34 [inches] na ngayon (Her waistline went from more than 40 inches to around 34)," he is quoted as saying.
In the meantime, Sharon also has the help of close friend Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo as she continues her weight loss journey. "Kapag naglalambing ako gagawan niya ako ng meal na masarap (Whenever I show her affection, she makes me delicious meals)," Sharon says. "Pero usually just three meals a day, no rice, no bread, no nothing, no happiness. Pero sandali lang naman after that pwede ka na ulit. (But I only have to do this for a bit. After I'm done, I can start eating more.)"
Are you trying to lose weight to keep yourself healthy? Consider going decreasing your carb intake just like Sharon did. Check out this article to get you started:
Want to read more articles about Sharon? Check these out:
- Sharon Cuneta says work has kept her from attending weight treatments regularly
- 5 Parenting Lessons from Sharon Cuneta
- 5 Tips on Living Life to the Fullest from Sharon Cuneta
- Sharon Loses 20 Pounds + 5 Tips for Preventing Emotional Eating
- Sharon Cuneta Ends Birthday Concert in a Wheelchair + 5 Safety Tips to Take after a Fall
- Megastar Launches New Homeware Line Celebrations by Sharon
- Sharon Cuneta Denies Snubbing Aga Muhlach + 5 Tips for Dealing with “Dedma"
(Photo from The Biggest Loser: Pinoy Edition courtesy of ABS-CBN)