What’s not to love about Park Bo Gum? Beyond his boyish charms, the hallyu star seems to be a genuinely good person through and through, living life with a positive outlook while remaining kind towards colleagues and fans alike.
No wonder a lot of great things are coming his way: in fact, he’s set to star in Record of Youth with Park So Dam of Parasite fame, which will be showing in the latter part of 2020 on Netflix! While waiting for the series, take a look back at why Bo Gum has managed to capture the hearts of people everywhere.
1. He’s an outgoing Gemini.
He just celebrated his birthday on June 16!
2. He loves his mom very much.
The youngest of three siblings, he shared in an interview that his mom passed away when he was just in fourth grade, and he still continues to miss her.
3. He’s a talented pianist and singer!
He had always been interested in music, and learned how to play the piano in kindergarten. He also became a church choir member, and is actually a song writer!
4. He absolutely nailed his character in one of his break-out roles, which was based on popular Japanese manga Nodame Cantabile.
He played a prodigy cellist/conductor, and got nominated as Best New Actor in the KBS Drama Awards and Apan Star Awards.
5. His positive attitude has earned him praise from fans of all ages.
Korean fans even called him “Nation’s Son-in-Law” not only does he have teen followers, but he’s also well received by ajummas.
6. A movie he featured in was screened in the Cannes Film Festival.
He starred with Goblin lead Kim Go Eun in “Coin Locker Girl”.
7. He also starred in the highly popular series Reply 1988.
His role as Choi Taek made him a household name in and out of Korea.
8. He considers the Philippines to be a memorable place.
Visiting the country in 2019, Bo Gum revealed that it is in the Philippines where he snorkeled for the first time.
Here’s hoping he comes to visit again in the future!
Additional source: Channel Korea