If your workout routine is starting to bore you, it's time to kick things up a notch and try something different. For actress-singer Karylle, exercise means Pilates and running, and when it comes to the latter, there's nothing she loves doing more than singing as she runs.
"I used to have power songs that I sing," Karylle said, laughing, in an exclusive interview with FN during her cover shoot for the January-February 2012 issue of Women's Health. "People see me on the finish line, and they're like, 'Ah, ikaw pala yung maingay.'"
"It's really fun to sing while running," she shared. "One time I ran [the Milo Marathon], I sang all Christmas songs."
Karylle reveals five of her favorite running songs below. If you feel like belting out tunes as you exercise isn't your thing, you can easily include the songs on your workout playlist instead!
How about you, FNites? Any fun workout songs of your own? Share them with us in a comment!
1. "DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'" by Glee cast (2009)
2. "LIKE A PRAYER" by Madonna (1989)
3. "PUSO" by Spongecola (2008)
4. "SUPER BASS" by Nicki Minaj (2011)
5. "THE SOUND OF MUSIC" by Julie Andrews (1959)
To read more about Karylle's fascination with running and her dedication to fitness, grab a copy of Women's Health Magazine's January-February 2012 issue, out on stands now!
Also in this issue:
- 8 Diet Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
- Sexy Ways to Dress Up for Your Workout
- Eat Your Way Thin
Watch Female Network in the coming weeks for behind-the-scenes photos from the cover shoot with Karylle.
For more Women's Health excerpts, check these out on FN:
- 6 Tips for Staying Fit from Isabelle Daza
- 5 Tips for Keeping Yourself Sane at Work from Erich Gonzales
- 3 Tips on Staying Healthy for Life from Tweetie de Leon Gonzalez
- 5 Life Lessons from Lovi Poe
- 5 Life Lessons You Can Learn from Sam Pinto
- 5 Tips on Enjoying Life from Marian Rivera
- 5 Life Lessons You Can Learn from Angelica Panganiban
(Photo by Mike Dee)