Judy Ann Santos is fit and fab and ready to rock the showbiz world--again--a year after giving birth to baby Lucho. In the March 2012 issue of Women's Health, she talks about her journey to fitness and gives advice for women aspiring to live their lives to the fullest.
She might not think of herself as an empowered woman, but we know she is one! If you want to be strong like her, check out her tips.
1. INSPIRE BY HELPING OTHERS.
Judy Ann talks fondly about the Aeta community in Bataan that she’s adopted for the last five years. “It's just a small cause,” Juday explains, “pero happy na rin ako.” The Aetas lived in a remote area no one knew about back then. “Nung nakita ng mga tao kung saan sila nakatira, happy ako kasi ang dami nang tumutulong sa kanila. (When others found out where they were, I was so happy because so many people helped them.) ”
2. HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF.
If you believe in yourself and what you’re doing, Juday says the rest will come easily. “In that way, mas marami kang mai-inspire na tao kasi hindi mo hinayaang mapigilan yung goals mo. (In that way, you inspire more people because you don't let others stop you from getting to your goals.)”
3. STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN.
“If they [women] feel it's right and they know at the end of the day na nakagawa sila ng tama, kahit pa ga’no karaming obstacles ang kailangan nilang daanan, just do it. (If women feel it's right and they know at the end of the day that they did the right thing, no matter how many obstacles come their way, just do it.)”
4. REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Juday says she just lives her life, but what’s important to her is that whatever she does helps inspire others. “I don't need to be a politician to do or say something para pakinggan ng mga tao. Ayos na ‘ko ng ganito. (I don't need to be a politician to do or say something so people will listen. I'm fine this way.)”
5. FOLLOW THE RULES, BUT MAKE YOUR OWN TOO.
Don’t allow yourself to be swallowed up by the system, Juday reminds. “Dapat meron kang sariling diskarte. Meron kang sariling oras. (You have to have your own strategy. Your own time.)”
Also in this issue:
- 10 Eye-Catching Summer Styles
- Curb Your Cravings
- Get Flawless Skin from Head to Toe
Watch Female Network in the coming weeks for behind-the-scenes photos from the cover shoot with Juday.
To read more articles about Judy Ann Santos on Female Network, try these:
- Juday Loses 27 lbs on Cohen Lifestyle + 5 Common Questions about the Cohen Diet Answered
- 5 Parenting Tips from Judy Ann Santos
- Judy Ann Santos talks about motherhood and skincare
- Judy Ann Santos wants daughter Yohan to enjoy her childhood
- 10 Things We Love about Judy Ann Santos
For more Women's Health excerpts, check these out on FN:
- 7 Tips for Staying Motivated to Workout from Karylle
- 6 Tips for Staying Fit from Isabelle Daza
- 5 Tips for Keeping Yourself Sane at Work from Erich Gonzales
- 3 Tips on Staying Healthy for Life from Tweetie de Leon Gonzalez
- 5 Life Lessons from Lovi Poe
- 5 Life Lessons You Can Learn from Sam Pinto
- 5 Tips on Enjoying Life from Marian Rivera
- 5 Life Lessons You Can Learn from Angelica Panganiban
(Photo by Marc Nicdao)