“Is there a task in your workday that you dread, so much so that you think about how much you dread it all day and find yourself struggling to get it done in the final hour?” asks writer Sarah Jio in the article. She goes on to explain the tip: "According to Carol Kryder, PhD, a clinical psychologist and mental health expert for JustAnswer.com, the 'fun factor' rule could help you. 'If you have a number of things to do within a short time, prioritize them in order of their "fun factor,"' she says. 'For some people, that means doing the distasteful jobs first and saving the best for dessert.'"
While you may be tempted to do the easy-breezy stuff first off when you get to work, having a difficult task looming over you as you get on with your workday can affect not just your mood but the quality of your work as well. It can also ensure that you end your day stressed, so why not save yourself the trouble, stop procrastinating, and end your day smiling?
[Click here to read all 11 tips on WomansDay.com]
Want to read more articles on productivity and time management? Check out these articles on Female Network:
- 10 Tips on Fighting Procrastination
- The Best Time to Do Everything: 24 Tips for Managing Your Time Efficiently
- Tech Talk: 10 Free Online Tools That Make Life Easier and More Efficient
- Tech Talk: Top 10 Sites and Applications That Waste Your Time and Reduce Productivity
- Cubicle Coach: How to Find "Home" at Work
- Organizing at Work: Fix Your Desk to Improve Efficiency at the Office
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
(Photo by Ray_from_LA via Flickr Creative Commons)
Trending on Network