If you're looking to get a lot of things done during the hours you spend in the office, an article on WorkAwesome.com suggests that adding an enriching activity to your commute can help you become more efficient at work.
The article "10 Tips to a More Productive Day" says that while it may be fun to listen to your favorite tunes while you travel to work, the commute could be a valuable time spent on things for self-improvement, like listening to audio books, language CDs, or a motivational speech to get you inspired.
So while it may be tempting to snooze or daydream through your commute, listening to something that will give your brain a boost before you even get started on your tasks for the day will help you perform your work tasks better.
[Click here to read all 10 tips on WorkAwesome.com]
Read these other articles for more tips on being more efficient at work:
- Get It Over and Done With: Do the Tasks You Dread First for Workplace Happiness
- The Best Time to Do Everything: 24 Tips for Managing Your Time Efficiently
- Tech Talk: 10 Free Online Tools That Make Life Easier and More Efficient
- Organizing at Work: Fix Your Desk to Improve Efficiency at the Office
- Yes, You Can: Say What You Will Do Instead of What You Won't Do to Achieve Your Goals
- Work Efficiency Tip: Ask for and Give Clarification to Avoid Setbacks
(Photo by pamhule via Flickr Creative Commons)