Celebrating a new year as a couple—whether it’s for the start of a new calendar year or an anniversary—is no small feat. After all, you’ll probably have spent those first few months (or years) together getting to know each other’s quirks, values, and more. And while a new year spells a chance to rediscover and refresh your love, it also brings with it the opportunity for more complications.
So how do you make sure you keep things exciting between you and your guy? How do you ensure that you’ll get through your relationship downtime? While no relationship is smooth sailing all the way through, building a solid base of respect, love, and, yes, fun and humor is one way to make sure that you and your guy survive any rough waters you may have to pass through.
Not sure where to start? The slide show below lists a few things you should resolve to do this year—and in every year of your relationship.
Looking for more stories on keeping your romance fresh? Try these:
- 30 Things for Couples to Try This Year
- Relationship Refreshers: 15 Ways to Keep the Love Alive
- Relationship Resolutions: 10 Tips to Refresh Any Romance
- 50 Things to Do for and with Your Guy This Summer and Beyond
- The Couple's Guide to Keeping the Romance Fresh In Spite of Parenthood
- The Couple's Guide to Surviving Relationship Downtime: 5 Tips for a Stronger Relationship
- Heat It Up: 10 Ways to Flirt with Your Hubby
- True Love: 8 Secrets to a Happy Marriage