The body returns to its pre-pregnant state six weeks after delivery. Even women who have undergone a routine Cesarean section have their incisions completely healed by that time. But there's a right way and wrong way to go about losing those preggy pounds.
Click through the slide show below for tips on how to get that pre-baby bod back the healthy way.
For related articles, click on these links:
- Not Your Average Workout: 5 Cool Ways to Get Fit
- Strike a Pose: Amp up Your Fitness Routine with Fly Yoga
- At the Starting Line: 5 Tips for Starting a Running Regimen
- 10 Easy Ways to Give Your Diet a Makeover
- 4 Basic Tips for Healthy Eating
(First published in Good Housekeeping Magazine's Good Health section in April 2009, as "Back to Prebaby Body," an entry in Dr. Aguilar's "Health Check" column; adapted for use in Female Network. Photo by kevin ryder via Flickr Creative Commons.)