It's easy to say that you want to eat healthier as a family--doing it is another thing altogether. You need to be health-savvy and disciplined if you're going to follow a healthier diet; that goes double (or triple or quadruple) if you're going to urge other family members to do the same. You'll need to stay away from the junk food and the sugary sodas. No matter how tempting those unhealthy alternatives are, just remember that your family deserves better. Cherish your health by correcting your bad eating habits.
Check out the gallery below for tips on getting started on the road to healthy eating.
For more information on healthier diets and how to start and stick to them, FN recommends these articles:
- Pound Patrol: 7 Bad Eating Habits You Should Drop to Control Your Weight
- Healthy Options: 10 Substitutes for High-Carb Foods
- Smart Swaps: 10 Healthy Alternatives to Less Healthy Food
- Tipid Tips: How to Eat Healthy on a Budget
- Tipid Tips: 5 Low-Cost Healthy Foods
- Watch What You Eat: 5 Food Culprits You Should Be Wary Of
- 15 Healthy Foods That Help Reduce Stress
- Hold the Salt: Yummy Low-Salt Recipes for the Health-Conscious
- 22 Yummy Heart-Healthy Recipes
- 20 Meat-Free Recipes Perfect For Lent
(First published as a sidebar to “Smart Swaps” in the August 2010 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines; adapted for use in Female Network. Photo by Andrés Virviescas via sxc.hu)