Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)  (Read 50146 times)

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2016, 08:24:35 pm »
Momo,

Akin opinyon ko lang to ha.

Depende kung gano kayo ka close, I think they would understand naman kung hindi mo sasagutin. But then again tingnan mo parin sa budget nyo, they would understand kung malapit na kayo sa limit nyo sa budget at KKB nalang. But then again if it is only 4-5 people coming off from abroad ako willing ako sagutin (Wag lang sa Asya hehe). Marami naman decent hotels jan at mid range price.

If I am on their shoes as well, At ako yung bisita, I really would not expect na sasagutin ng couple yung accomodation at airfare ko, kasi nga alam ko marami na silang gastos.

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2016, 03:05:39 am »
Hi everyone, wow I missed out a lot. My bad, different timezones kasi  :)

Bro fat_pat
Galing! You’re probably the first groom I know who’s super hands-on. None of my guests want to take care of the music since they want to party talaga. So I’m getting a DJ for sure, just don’t know who yet.

Not too sure lang bro about Mulberry’s event styling / providing props (we brought some decorations when we went there in Feb). I’ll ask and update you

Thanks for the lights referral. I’ll defs consider them. Mulberry will have a wedding on Apr 2, she said she’ll give me an update regarding string lights then. Share ko na lang kung meron na.

Sis ellesor and momo
We availed Mulberry’s Full coordination as we are based in Vancouver. I initially wanted partial lang, but fiancé insisted on full kasi baka mag bridezilla daw ako. Hehe. They’re such a big help in everything.

Sis momo
Can you share the band’s rates when you talk to them? Also if you’re able to find acoustic singers din

Regarding of bands/acoustic, we were told na pag full-on band, you need to budget for a better sound system. The one asya provides as part of their package is basic and won’t be good for a full-on band. That’s why I’m looking for acoustic singers /duo na lang. Sayang lang, because when we were there we saw a duo performing infront of subway. We gave them our contact information but we didn’t get theirs. Sayang na sayang lang talaga.

KKB
We tried to have an intimate wedding, but we’re now at 100. 50+ of them are from out of the country and it’s definitely KKB.  Majority of them are in the entourage (scheme to make them definitely attend hahaha). The rest of the guests are my family from Bacolod. We just explained to foreign guests that we can’t cover their accommodation and we can only promise a great party haha. It works out since most have not been to Asia, so they’ll do a side trip to other Asian countries after the wedding. Wedding and vacation in 1 for them. We'll provide help for bacolod family for sure. Konti lang naman.

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2016, 08:55:54 am »
@Sis April,

Well it's not only just her dream wedding it's also mine, so I need to work hard to make our dream wedding come true. Funny you told me that, I want to share a story from a friend that her groom, really had a litle Idea or lost on the wedding preparation, and she needs to think out those minor details. Maybe I'll consider changing profession after this from an Engineer to a wedding planner LOL.

When I was searching the internet for details about wedding supplier, not site comes close to this forum (not even bride and breakfast nor kasal.com), as here you would read about not only about supplier listing but also tips and feedback. Wow this is a gold mine of info.

Now that we have settled the major suppliers I am now on the event styling mode, still working out the details on the decors that we need. Right now I have run into a blank wall, as the supplier that we are trying to engage for event styling has quoted me for 75K for (Wedding coord and event styling - and the coordination alone is 50K). It turns out that the 25K is for styling conceptualization only not including materials. Wow ganun pala kamahal yun.

So plan B for me now is I'll scour pinterest for event styling ideas then ask Asya if they can upgrade our decors like drappings and lightings. I just don't know if Asya is willing to do this, I still need to talk to leslie. Any feedback from past Asya brides, if Asya provides decor upgrades? I think I heard from Leslie that they can upgrade the basic styling but I'm not sure up to what extent can they do inhouse.

@Ellesor,

Your wedding is on Puka beach right? Who set up the ceremony and where did the materials (chairs, decors and etc) came from? Was it mulberry as well who rented it out?


@Momo,

Like April you can also make try that scheme to have them attend the wedding, make them your entourage. Hahaha And also pag ako yung inimbita ha at sinabi yung venue, pag hindi nag indicate yung couple na babayaran nila airfare at accommodation ko, then I would deduce na KKB talaga yun. Then I will respond to the couple kung attend ba ako or hindi dahil sa premise na yun. Why don't you try that muna, then pag nag decline (at talagang gusto mo talaga umattend sya then saka mo offeran ng freebies like accomodation or flights or like sa offer ni April na "great party" hahaha.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:03:01 am by fat_pat »

ellesor

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2016, 12:15:39 pm »
^fat_pat yup our wedding was in Puka Shell (EcoVillage Resort). Yung chairs, tables and sound system kasama na sa package ni ecovillage. Then yung canopy and aisle flowers pinaayos namin kay Florista Flowershop. Mostly lahat ng decors DIY and provided namin then si Mulberry ngsetup like yung love tent na ginamit namin. Super mahal kasi ng event styling so mostly ng ginamit namin na styling sa wedding is DIY. May mga pinahiram din pala si Mulberry na mga lamps, bottles, suitcase, baskets and pillows. Sample pics ng mga DIYs namin ni hubby https://imgur.com/a/Jk0bU

Parehas kayo ni hubby na hands-on. nakakatuwa kasi parehas pa kayong engineer at gustong maging wedding planner lol  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 12:47:47 pm by ellesor »

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 08:31:22 pm »
Hi Ellesor,

Wow ganda ng wedding nyo, can't imagine na majority dun ay DIY. If you wont mind tanong sana ako kung saan mo nakuha yung mga decor mo? Is it provided by Mulberry?

Chalkboard lettering
signage
Parasol
crates
Caligraphy board
Lantern decor

ellesor

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2016, 09:02:33 pm »
^fat_pat thank you!

Chalkboard lettering - diy (photoshop then prinint then dinikit ko lang sa illustration board)
signage - diy
Parasol - binili namin sa divi (borrow mo na lang kay mulberry, iniwan ko na kasi sa kanila. Mababait sila mulberry, willing sila magpahiram ng gamit na meron sila for free)
crates - pinahiram pala to ni mulberry
Caligraphy board - diy
Lantern decor - diy ( we used christmas lights)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:08:45 pm by ellesor »

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2016, 09:37:22 pm »
Pwede ba mag suggest sa FN, pwede ba mag add kayo ng like button, gusto i flood ng like si Ellesor, MichelleZ, MomoChan and April. Sobrang helpful ng mga post nyo.

@Ellesor,

Dahil sa post mo we have decided to get mulbery na, tomorrow contact namin sila and secure a booking.

Hindi ka ba nahirapan mag transport ng mga DIYs mo? Lalo na mga breakables?


ellesor

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2016, 10:08:28 pm »
^fat_pat nope! Wala naman nabasag kahit yung mga hard alcoholic drinks na pinaship namin. Pinadala namin via lbc. Then pinadeliver na mismo sa shop nila Rica (mulberry) sa dmall

What we like most about mulberry is nakikinig sila sa ideas and concepts namin. Hindi sila yung komokontra at pinipilit na mahirap or imposible yung gusto namin na mangyari. Yung isang coordinator kasi na nakausap namin ang dami nya agad sinabi na nega then di na sya ngrereply sa emails haha

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2016, 10:14:13 pm »
Thanks fat_pat! :) I accidentally came across this website while looking for suppliers. Tama gold mine talaga.

Can you please share ano sabi ni Leslie regarding decoration upgrades? Maybe we'll do that as well. I'll watch out for your wedding. When is it? Mine is March 2017. Jes from Asya always posts pics from all the asya wedding setups.  (IG: mhamcy)

Sis ellesor
I didn't know you're the "puka" bride of Mulberry.  I was talking to Rica about you and your decorations. She did say it was all DIY. How did you manage to bring all of them to the island? You brought them all on the plane ba? I like your concept of beer pong in lieu of throwing the bouquet

Sis momo
If you are still looking for accommodations,  did you check cocoloco sa station 3? Pag more than 90 days [textspeak!] booking, their basic rooms are about 2k pesos

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2016, 10:34:35 pm »
April,

Amazing right I didn't imagine ellesor's wedding are mostly DIY.. Slow clap slow clap slow clap.

Ours is Jan 7 2017. Will try to meet leslie next week, and will update you kung ano kalabasan.
Namamahalan na kasi ako sa event stylist, and kung willing naman yung asya to upgrade then sa kanila nalang. She told me before just show us the pic, and we will assess kung kaya.

@momo and april,

You can consider also for accomodation, yung casa pillar, beach front sila pero mura. Pag pumunpunta ako ng boracay yun nga lagi ko kinukuha and fan room lang for 1K + with free breakfast. Fan room lang ako kasi d mainit yung lugar nila kasi kawayan. But they have AC rooms as well. Try searching sa agoda or myboracayguide.com

ellesor

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2016, 12:50:58 pm »
Hi april and pat

Pina LBC ko 1 week before our wedding. our friends also enjoyed our flip cups games. Yung wedding kasi namin is not the typical wedding. Super short program lang then kain at inom na. 😄😄😄

Kahit mga friends ko hindi sila naniniwala na DIY esp yung bouquet ko. Almost 5 months din namin ginawa lahat ng DIY. Mula sa concept, research at lots of pinterest.  It became our stress reliever haha!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:58:14 pm by ellesor »

momo_chan

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2016, 04:18:29 pm »
Hmm bat parang di ko makita yung reply ko?

Anyway, thanks sa headsup guys! mukhang ok naman yung casa pilar for guests, then cocoloco for suppliers.

OTD ka lang ba sis ellesor sa Mulberry? kasama ba yung RSVP doon?
Chaka sino pala suit designer nyo?

momo_chan

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2016, 04:38:41 pm »
I just came back from Before I Do Bridal Fair sa Megamall. Nakakatuwa palang umattend ng ganon noh? hahahaha

andami palang magagandang photo and or video na mas reasonable. kinikilig ako hahahaha

Pero syempre, di muna ako nagbook kasi kalma muna. palipasin ko siguro ng mga 1 day, then if i really want it, then na lang ako magddown.

BTW here are the contact numbers for Boracay Bands:

  • Island Rythmn Force - 09308284903/09128684772 Rates not yet sent
  • Everyday People - 09294888149 Rates not yet sent
  • Broad Band - 09175148341 45k eeeep!

mahal pala ng live band. parang 2nd photographers ko na tong budget if ever. or additional rooms. or additional food. or IDK a better ring. eek, hahahaha DJ it is!!

sis ellesor
kunin na kitang stylist. pwedeng pwede na. ang gondoh gondoh ng wedding mooooooo

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2016, 05:06:50 pm »
Makadalaw nga jan bukas Momo. My mga wedding decor ba?

momo_chan

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2016, 05:21:26 pm »
Nako konti lang yung exhibitors sa Before I Do. you can totally pass it up. plus mostly manila based. and no decors, pero may like 2 event stylist. Madaming flower providers tho.

ellesor

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2016, 01:02:29 am »
Sis momo_chan thank you pero hindi ko pa kaya maging stylist hahaha! 😂😂😂

Yup OTD lang kinuha ko kay Mulberry. Gown and Suit from Twin Entourage.

Meron ka na HMUA? i recommend May Jasmin Labao.

sassygirl17

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2016, 05:18:32 pm »
Hi lovely ladies,

Can you recommend a supplier for lights (globe lights) and lanterns please. I am having a difficult time finding one.

Any former/Soon to be Asya Brides here? I was being charged for additional 5k, electricity consumption for the beach reception if I'm going to use some globelights. I think that's too much. My monthly Meralco bill is almost that amount already. But fiancee and I really love the venue so i'll just try to negotiate :(

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2016, 12:06:57 am »
Hi Sassygirl,

Asya has a contact 10K for 100 bulbs, but then again backread April's post, it seems that they will not be supplying in 2017.

Asya also quoted us 5K for the electricity, will try to negotiate also when we have another meeting with Leslie. Will let you know.

When is your wedding?

momo_chan

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2016, 05:33:11 pm »
Guys!

kanina ko pa nababasa yang string lights na yan. ano ba ichura non para makatulong ako LOL (clueless) parang christmas lights lang ba yan?

EDIT:

anyway, sa paghahalungkat ko here, napag alaman ko na:

1. Love in Blooms Floral Design & Event Styling, Joel Faller (florist), sensitivity, Artuz 101, all have string lights for rent/ inclusive
2. a GTalker by the name aNgelofThEMorning is renting out hers (this was April 2015)

"Here are the pic...bale para syang octopus na may main wire tapos 4 subbranches containing 8 bulbs each. "

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q45erg5zbqj0edv/AABgyg3DHiF_AIb9mIrLa8aWa?dl=0


I'm not sure if it'll help, pero try them na lang
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:49:55 pm by momo_chan »

momo_chan

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2016, 07:05:57 pm »
hi sis april_kristina

i found this amazing acoustic guy sa Boracay and I'm dead set on getting him. he played na sa Asya recently. very good voice ah. I texted him ne pero no update from him yet

https://www.facebook.com/A-cuztik-Nhad-632843776741678/info/?tab=page_info#

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close