Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)  (Read 17454 times)

momo_chan

Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2016, 09:06:48 am »
right now, wala pa akong final booking sis ellesor

actually, kung gastos lang sa wedding, kasya naman ang budget ko per initial computations. ang worry ko is san ko ilalagay na hotel yung guests ko  :-\ we have 31 guests na kailangan sagot ang accomms kasi sila yung hindi pwedeng mawala.

Aside from La Carmela, any other alternative hotels na same price?

chicgurl

• I am WonderWoman and I am a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2016, 04:40:37 pm »
Hello all.. i had been in hiatus for a long while at hindi nakakapaglogin sa GT. I am not sure if relevant pa, but i transported my dress in its box it traveled with us from manila to the island and it was my brother who carried it all the way hehe instant PA ko lang siya. All in all nasa 8-10kg ang weight with the box and we had to checked it in dahil hindi fit sa overhead cabin but the airline rep put a note FRAGILE & "LAST IN FIRST OUT" para hindi matabunan, I really appreciate yung gesture.

Parang kelan lang I was here daily for some tips & ideas, time flies so fast. In 2 weeks time 2nd year wedding anniversary na namin.. tee hee!
I am WonderWoman

MichelleZ

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 06:00:27 pm »
Hi chicgurl. Welcome back!:) Ako naman i didn't know that meron pala
Pamahiin with the your dress carrying with you. So ako, i brought it with us and put inside my suitcase. Lucky my dress is the mermaid soft material type kaya with its small box, fit na sya with my 30kg suitcase.:) Same as the suit of hubby.

Happy anniversary sis!:) I remember when I was an upcoming Asya bride, your posts  and tips helped me a lot. :)

mlgj

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 08:34:41 pm »
Hi Girls,

Super tagal ko hindi nag-open ng GT. My wedding will be next month na. Exhausting but exciting.

Sis momo_chan, ang hirap magmention sa budget pero I would say na hindi kami nakapag-stick sa budget talaga. Siguro kasi we have suppliers na kailangan namin i-fly in. So kung makakakuha ka ng suppliers based in Boracay, malaking help sya to stay in budget.

ellesor

• GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2016, 11:16:32 pm »
sis momo_chan, sa LSM Square in station 1 nagstay majority ng guest namin. what we did is yung mga guests na namin ang nagbayad ng accomodations nila. Saan pala venue mo? tama si sis mlgj ang hirap magstick sa budget and mas ok if boracay based mga kukunin mo na suppliers.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:18:47 pm by ellesor »

april_kristina

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2016, 12:23:02 am »
Hi sis fat_pat and sassygirl_17,

I saw your messages about string lights supplier but I can't reply. (Already messaged the administrators)

We were initially going with the ones connected to Asya, 10 K for 100 bulbs plus 5k electricity. However, this supplier will not be providing it in 2017 kasi mabilis daw masira. (Any bride having their wedding at Asya for 2017, can you please confirm? :))

Our wedding coordinator is Rica Nepomuceno from Mulberry Events.
:) :) :)

fat_pat

• Engr turned frustrated wedding planner
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2016, 09:28:35 am »
Sis Sassy Girl,

Apologies for not being able to respond to your PM, as I don't have PM privileges yet. We are taking ASYA as our venue, so they said they can provide LED lights (100 bulbs) for 10K plus 5K for electricity. Quiet pricey if you would ask me, given it is only a light rental. I am still searching for a supplier, I don't have the network reach of the likes of Amanda or Ronald, as I don't have a coordinator yet and if there would be only OTD. So I am scouring the internet, FB and OLX for any string light supplier. One option I am looking into is a DIY by using battery powered string lights available on lazada and ebay (4 m roughly around P500 and battery powered, so we can save on electricity charge by the event).

Past boracay brides, Please help if you know any LED light supplier.

@April Kristina.

Sis, so are you saying na yung contact ng ASYA for the LED lights will no longer be supplying LED lights sa 2017?

Any feedback with Mulberry events? I am planning to get them as they are the most affordable coordinator based in boracay that I know of.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:38:39 am by fat_pat »

momo_chan

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2016, 08:13:48 pm »
Thanks sis mlgj and sis ellesor, yes i suppose i really need to find Boracay based suppliers  :-\

in that case, pwede bang tulungan nyo na lang ako sa pag iidentify ng mga suppliers?
 :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

so far kasi, here are the suppliers i have allocated budgets na:
1. Wedding Ceremony
2. Couple's Accommodations
3. Reception Venue (Asya, which inclusive na si Cake, Simple Styling and centerpieces, Projector and Food)
4. Flowers (Bride, Ento, Ceremony)
5. Videographer + Accoms + OOT
6. Photographer + Accoms + OOT
7. HMUA
8. Host
9. Live Band + Fire dancers -----> arte!
10. Wedding Rings
11. Airfare for Couple + Immediate Family + Ento
12. Souvenirs for Guests

So far, may sobra pa sa budget ko considering na yan palang ang final.
My Gown, Bridesmaids' dresses and gifts, plus for 2 Mothers - I'll shoulder these personally. DIY naman sina Invitations, Misalette (?), Table Numbers, Seat Plan, Ceremony Program

Can you please advise what else am i missing?

april_kristina

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2016, 06:39:18 am »
@fat_pat

Sis, double check with Asya regarding the lights. (maybe they were able to find another supplier for the lights) When we talked to Asya about the lights, they gave us the contact for the same supplier that other coordinators use. From what I heard, maybe 3 weeks ago, current supplier will not be providing it anymore as it easily breaks (maybe they're thinking that my wedding will be in March 2017, their lights will be damaged by then) When is your wedding?

Another option I had was remote controlled LED lights. I bought some from aliexpress/alibaba. I have some photos and videos of us using it. I only bought 3 pcs + remote to try. It was 110$USD for 50 pcs and 210$USD for 100 pcs.

If you ask me, I'd use them as my last resort. The thing with remote lights, you save 5K on the electricity but you'll also spend 5K for labour of set-up and take down. It's turning out to be about the same price, unless you use lesser lights.

(please email me, I can show you pics and videos of it )
APRIL.MICHAEL.2017WEDDING at GMAIL.COM

Regarding Mulberry Events, they're awesome :) They're actually a young team but they seem to have their stuff together. We were in Boracay this Feb for a week to take care of some things. We met with them and brought them to our taste test. Rica and Jed were a pleasure to deal with. I chose them because I couldn't afford AT or RS.

In case you haven't chosen your photographer yet, Mulberry is affiliated with Enrico Nepomuceno http://enriconepomucenophotography.com/ We were initially going with them but found kokoy afable :)

momo_chan

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2016, 08:32:18 am »
Hi sis fat_pat

never heard if mulberry events (so napa google ako) and they have been featured na pala sa Bride and Breakfast and bridestory for a Shangrila Wedding. mag iinquire na din ako sa kanila! thanks sa heads up! xoxo

fat_pat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2016, 01:54:22 pm »
Hi Kristina,

Mas mura yung string lights around 500 pesos lang sya for about 4 meters at battery powered pa sya, need mo lang ng pagsasabitan. Meron akong nakita na nasa loob ng rattan balls, so mas maganda sya. I think hindi naman yun yung main light source mo at yung Asya mag pprovide din naman ng lights (Though I need to check with them also kung ano yung extent ng ligthing nila). May nakita ako sa pinterest, na spotlight/ PAR LED  , I'm guessing yun yung basic lighting ng ASYA  (Can anyone confirm).

Ako din I am trying to save din sa coordination cost at hindi ko kaya yung rate ni AT at RS.

By the way ano pala yung theme mo? My stylist ka na ba?

april_kristina

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2016, 01:02:37 am »
Sis fat_pat,

Can you please share where you found the string lights for that price?

Mulberry said the lights Asya provide are the basic ones. I wasn't really thinking of getting more since we're doing string lights + paper lanterns.

I've been asked a lot about themes. I'm actually clueless, as I thought beach wedding is a theme na. haha. What is yours? Mulberry does event styling too so I'm just going to let them handle it.

Here's what we have so far:
Church for ceremony
Asya for reception
Mulberry for coordination
Florista for flowers  - church only as we'll be availing with what's included in Asya
May Jasmine for HMUA - we met her when we were there. Super nice
Kokoy Afable for Photo/Video - I booked him directly just in case he won't be with playlife when my wedding comes.

What about you? Have you found a band? We can't afford a band so we'll look for acoustic na lang. like 1-2 people performing during dinner. Haven't found a DJ as well. Can you share yours if you found na?

fat_pat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2016, 11:21:37 am »
Hello April,

Call me Bro as I am the G2B  :) call me pat nalang pala.

Eto siya oh sample lang:
http://www.lazada.com.ph/20-led-rattan-ball-string-fairy-lights-for-christmas-xmas-wedding-party-decor-warm-white-2972119.html

Hindi sya meant really to illuminate the event but rather just an add-on effect, I think (and I Hope) pwede na yung lighting ng Asya for illumination.

So far eto din yung mga suppliers (booked and potential):

Venue - Asya
Photo - Pleiocene (Head photographer is a former Mayad Senior Photographer, one of their Pioneer)
Video - Lula films (Peg kasi namin cinematic yung SDE)
Coordinator - Mulberry or Boracay bells N' Bloom (need feedback on Bells n' Bloom for coordinating services)

Stylist - Oopsie Daisies (based on Iloilo) or Boracay Bells N' Bloom (BNB has offer us a package for styling and coordinating)

You mention that mulberry is providing styling services but is it only style conceptualization or they can also provide the actual materials? Bells n' blooms do have a shop for decor rentals kasi talaga.

Flowers - Dangwa Florist or Bell's and Blooms
Decor flowers - Minimal add-on lang sa Asya
HMUA - May Jasmin
DJ - Non yet (Do we really need a DJ? Is Asya providing someone to man their sound system?). Kung yung point ay DJ for party hindi na siguro namin need, all I need lang is someone to operate the sound system and hit play and pause when needed.
Band - Non yet (depende pag kasya sa budget), can you share the acoustic singer?

@momochan,

Do you have a coordinator? Consider getting one kahit OTD lang, need mo talaga my expert na mgpapatakbo ng show mo. Cause on that day hindi ka naman pwede.

Also consider getting local P/V para makatipid ka, there are local Videographers and if you want top of the line andyan yung Mayad Boracay (No OOTF). Let me know if you need a list for P and V marami na rin akong naka usap sa kanila.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:24:27 pm by fat_pat »

momo_chan

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2016, 07:14:32 pm »
OMG BRO fat_pat! That is so nice - a hands-on G2B!

For Photog - I am really considering flying Joel H. Garcia and his team kasi sobrang gandang ganda ako sa shots nya. Them, or NQ Modern Photog.
For Video tho, please do. I only have Lula, Bordoy and Mayad's. Enrico Nepumoceno has yet to reply eh.
I'm considering a Partial coordination with Mulberry, kasi mukhang di ko naman kailangan ng Full.

Are you shouldering your guests' accomms and/or airfare? eto lang talaga ang issue sakin kasi otherwise kasya naman budget ko.

For Live Band, so far ang nakita ko are Everyday People, Island Rythmn Force and Broad Band Boracay - pero never got to ask them yet.

fat_pat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2016, 09:13:18 am »
Momo,

Sobra akong na eexcite keysa ky bride kaya ako nag nag conceptualize. Yung hindi ko nalang pinaki-alaman yung gown nya, muntik pa nga kaming mag away nung nag suggest ako kung anong style ng gown  ;D

D ko sure sa pricing ng iba, I only got quote from Panay based Photographers to minimize OOTF I have on my list are: Bordoy, Enrico, Mayk Pericon,  Joel Juliano, LoveTrain, and Pleiocene. I ended up choosing between lovetrain and Pleiocene, as their works are amazing and you can check them out on Bride and breakfast they have several coverage featured.
Ganda nga ng Joel Garcia, ang elegant ng shots, share mo naman rate nila inc. OOTF, naka down na ako pero I can consider changing pa naman.

For Video - Why only narrowed down to two choices Mayad and Lula and it was a long debate between me and the Bride on which one to choose they have their own Pros and Cons. Plus side for Lula is they are just a new company (but their crew are experienced already, head videographer/director is an ex-Mayad), their shots are amazing and cinematic, which is seldom seen on the mainstream videographers, cheaper rates, downside is their SDE is short 3 -4 mins only (though we negotiated to stretch it to 4 mins), they are new and some of their crew are young so they still have a lot of creative juices. Check their website (lulafilms[dot]com) they have extensive international assignment as well, not bad for a new company. Mind you I have to watch almost 30+ videos from them before I decided to take them.

Mayad - For Mayad they are amazing and well known (nothing much left to be said, they are the pinnacle of wedding videography), and we like their videos of a friend that was taken by mayad, however when I was watching their other videos I realize that a lot of them has repetitive concept.

Baka hindi na kami mag live band mejo stretch na yung budget, but please do PM me the rates ng acoustic singers mo baka pag my budget pa baka ma consider namin.

For the ento accomodation and flights KKB na, yun napag agreehan namin kasi stretch na rin kami sa budget. For family KKB din, but I guess both of us might end up shelling for the accomodation of the family.

Questions for Asya Brides - Who will operate and play the music for the sound system of Asya? Do I really need a DJ to do that? I'm thinking kasi na hindi namin need yung DJ for party, as baka sa labas na kami mag party, just someone to play and pause the music.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:53:54 am by fat_pat »

ellesor

• GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2016, 09:39:57 am »
hi sis april_kristina I totally agree with you! Mulberry events yung OTD ko for my wedding last january 2016 and they are awesome! super accomodating nila at natuwa talga kami ni hubby kasi wala kami event styling, more on DIY, so sila nagayos lahat. napaka affordable pa ng rates nila compared to RS at AT.

sis momo_chan kuha ka coordinator kahit OTD lang para stressfree ka sa wedding mo  ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:54:19 pm by ellesor »

momo_chan

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2016, 12:17:25 pm »
Hi fat_pat,

Mejo steep for me si Joel Garcia:

• Service only is 50k with just him, 3-Man team and photos in USB.
  • Basic is 70k, 3Man Team, a Wedding Album of your choice, Wedding Portrait, 100 pcs 4R prints and photos in USB
  • Premium is 85k with 4Man Team, Wedding Album of choice, Wedding Portrait, 100 pcs 5R, Slideshow and Photos in USB
11k yung OOT fee, tapos accomms, flights and meals pa ng 5Man Team.

kaloka diba?  ;D ;D ;D seeing his package na wala pang inclusive na pre-nup shoot makes me want  to consider NQ Modern Photog na ala Metrophoto and shots tapos cheaper pa with lots of perks. But the thing is, sa lahat lahat ng Photographers na pinakita ko kay fiance (Mayad, Pat Dy, Bordoy, Enrico, NQ, Marlon, etc included), si Joel Garcia lang yung nagustuhan nya. And sya din naman ang gusto ko, pero uggggghhhh nakukulangan ako sa package nya  :'( :'( :'( oh well

I've shown him Mayad and Lula na din for video, pati Treehouse kaso ayaw nya eh. But since mej may kamahalan na si Photog, I'll go with Team Panda Films na lang. Young din sila,and this time hindi ko na papakita kay fiance. ma-veto nanaman ako. LOL at least, good video and reasonable price.

pag kasi KKB sa guests, natatakot akong baka walang pumunta HAHA!

Hi sis ellesor!

I was originally considering getting a full/partial coordination from Mulberry, pero wala pa naman silang naooffer na di ko or ng Asya pa nagagawa. i thought i'd get discounts with other hotels through their connections pero sabi nila magAgoda etc na lang daw ako kasi mas cheaper daw yun. oh well. I'd get an OTD na lang din. 

ellesor

• GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2016, 01:45:20 pm »
^sis momo_chan nung una din wala ako balak kumuha ng OTD kasi 40 lang yung guests namin and lahat naman ng suppliers kami yung nakipagusap. pero sa mismong day ng wedding ang hirap pag wala ka OTD para mag assist sayo at sa mga guests nyo

fat_pat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2016, 01:47:54 pm »
Momo_chan,

Good thing lang I'm running the show, hahaha. Actually sa photo, medyo pare pareho lang din sila ng service rate. Isang magandang photo din si Benjie Tiongco, elegante din yung mga output nila, and reasonable naman yung mga basic prices nila. Yung OOTF + Airfare and Accomodation lang talaga nagpapataas ng total bill, and almost equal na sa service price nila.

Ako I'm taking Pleiocene picture, the head photographer is a former Mayad Senior Photogpraher, so experienced na rin talaga sya.

Hahaha magka iba pala tayo ng pananaw, ako gusto ko sana minimal guest lang din, kaso nahihiya akong hindi iinvite yung mga close friends and officemate ko, so marami parin sya we are looking at around 80+ guest. KKB nalang muna, para kung mag backout hahaha ok lang din  ;D, at least hinddi nila masabi na hindi ko sila ininvite. Yung main ento naman pumayag na KKB eh, so at least na secure ko na yung main cast ng kasal.

Agree ako ky ellesor na need talaga kahit OTD, kasi need talaga meron mgpa takbo ng sequence ng kasal, like pipila na ba yung ento, san sila pipila, papasok na ba yung bride, yung mga ganun small details which is very important to run the wedding smoothly.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:56:52 pm by fat_pat »

momo_chan

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2016, 03:20:04 pm »
bro fat_pat,

actually, intimate lang talaga ang gusto namin, we have 77 guests, final na yan. Just our immediate families and the rest are friends.
we have 35 friends na gusto ni fiance na sagutin ang accomms kasi we really want them to be there - and most of them flying from all over pa.

is it rude to invite a person from out of country and not pay for his accomms? i think we still have 1/4 of our budget, but ayoko naman na sagadin kasi parents namin yung magbabayad ng wedding namin.

OTD it is, then!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close