Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)  (Read 17865 times)

lalee888

• Chinay American in The City
  • Junior GirlTalker
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2018, 11:26:01 pm »
^thanks mga sis.

hindi naman ako bridezilla.. plus we are married na last year. We just wanted a catholic wedding too so we opted to do it in the Philippines para minimoon na rin. Our real honeymoon is this June in Europe.

+yup i think hubby and i are going to stick to a May wedding and just move it na lang nga ng venue... mejo may konting additional gastos na hindi budgeted so we are asking na lang for concessions sa mga suppliers para lahat may adjustment...

mejo sigh kasi ayoko na sana isipin ito now but here we are....

amethyst028

• Senior GirlTalker
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2018, 12:26:05 pm »
^good luck sis. ako naman i haven't talked to my friend regarding that she is currently in iceland kasi. makikibalita na lang ako kung ano na plans niya when she gets back.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

• Super GirlTalker
  • Live and let live. Love and let love.
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2018, 01:46:40 pm »
^if I were in your shoes, hinde ko na din ipopostpone, and possible nga na by November, baka sabihin hinde pa tapos rehabilitation sa Boracay. I-move ko nalang sa Cebu or Bohol, or kung kaya ng budget, Palawan.  :)

slipshod

« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2018, 11:16:32 pm »
Hi, I'm currently planning my wedding and we decided on Boracay.  ;D Just want to bump up this thread and see if there are other Boracay brides out there.

I've booked many of the suppliers, but as of now, no DJ and Host yet.

I have also not yet decided on additional styling for the venue. Any thoughts from Boracay brides here? Thanks!  ;D

slipshod

« Reply #204 on: July 04, 2018, 08:25:17 pm »
Hi sissies and former or current Boracay brides! :D

Just wondering if you could give me some input... I do not have a host yet. Ideally, a relative, but nobody has stepped up. As far as the options are concerned, Andrew Wolff's fee is over my budget, and so far he's the best one I've seen as recommended by Amanda's team.
Was thinking nga baka may Aklan based...
Thank you!! :)

bobichan

• Probationary
« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2018, 06:31:17 am »
Hi everyone. Only discovered this thread today and got excited! Getting married in Boracay in early 2020 at the Lind Hotel. Any brides who got married there?

Based overseas so we got AT for full coordination services. Although medyo atat/type-A ako so I negotiated most of  the suppliers we already booked.

Any tips for getting reasonably priced flowers in Boracay? Parang Di maganda vibe ko sa Florista. Yung initial quote na nakuha namin via AT, super mahal ng bouquets (compared sa website nila). Tapos when I questioned it, binaba agad to the price na naka publish sa website saying na ?they gave discount na daw.? Parang anlabo and shady. Napaisip tuloy ako if some suppliers deliberately hike up the price for unknowing customers. Has anyone used Manila-based florists and dinala nalang sa Island? Baka makamura from Dangwa...

Thank you!!!

Any tips will also be appreciated!

Apple1230

• GirlTalker
« Reply #206 on: August 09, 2018, 06:49:50 am »
I think even if you get from manila the shipping going to boracay will also cost you the same. To be sure you can call some suppliers in manila then magpa quote ka.

My friend who is getting married in boracay got all of her suppliers who are based there. Si amanda rin full coordinator niya.

bobichan

• Probationary
« Reply #207 on: August 09, 2018, 07:13:28 am »
True. Siguro na-shock lang ako kung gaano ka-mahal bulaklak! I?m flying to Manila and then Boracay later this year. Magpunta na din ako ng Dangwa to check prices to see kung makakatipid ba that way. Hindi high priority sa list namin yung flowers, so any way na we can skimp on that will be helpful.

Where is your friend getting married in Boracay? Exciting!

lalee888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #208 on: August 09, 2018, 10:55:04 pm »
^hi sis when are you going to MNL/Boracay? I would love to hear about your Dangwa experience but agree parang baka mas mahal pa because you have to fly in the flowers... keep us posted! My wedding got moved twice (first due to the closure then second due to family issues). Wala pa rin ako florists. My wedding is at Shangri-La, rainy season but no choice na kame.

bobichan

• Probationary
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2018, 03:18:21 am »
Hi sis! Sorry to hear that you?ve had to move your date  twice. Sana ok na! When are you getting married? I?m in the Philippines this December until first week of Jan. Going to Boracay after Christmas hanggang new year then mag-dangwa ako first week of Jan. Entourage flowers lang naman habol ko so if the saving is significant, I?ll see if delivery rates are justified or if not, baka mapadala ko with family who are flying to Boracay for the wedding. I?ll keep you updated!

Ocean_Goddess

• la bella vita! (:
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2018, 03:19:35 am »
Hi! Any reviews with coordination of Ronald Soncio? Thanks

slipshod

« Reply #211 on: August 14, 2018, 01:53:45 pm »
Hi everyone. Only discovered this thread today and got excited! Getting married in Boracay in early 2020 at the Lind Hotel. Any brides who got married there?

Based overseas so we got AT for full coordination services. Although medyo atat/type-A ako so I negotiated most of  the suppliers we already booked.

Any tips for getting reasonably priced flowers in Boracay? Parang Di maganda vibe ko sa Florista. Yung initial quote na nakuha namin via AT, super mahal ng bouquets (compared sa website nila). Tapos when I questioned it, binaba agad to the price na naka publish sa website saying na ?they gave discount na daw.? Parang anlabo and shady. Napaisip tuloy ako if some suppliers deliberately hike up the price for unknowing customers. Has anyone used Manila-based florists and dinala nalang sa Island? Baka makamura from Dangwa...

Thank you!!!

Any tips will also be appreciated!

Hi!!! My wedding is next year, and my coordinator gave me quotations from Teddy Manuel Boracay and Florista. I noticed that Vatel Manila sends to Boracay, But I haven't put together the information they need to give me a quotation (they need a LOT of info)
Please let me know who you decide on! :)

lalee888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2018, 11:42:51 pm »
^sis let me know how it goes with Vatel Manila. I might stick with Teddy Manuel (resident florist of Shangri-La) para wala ng hassle but a friend told me to dictate my budget.. like 5k for mine, and 3k each for my bridesmaids, ganun. I am still working on that and trying to negotiate.  Will share their feedback here.

slipshod

« Reply #213 on: September 06, 2018, 01:52:44 pm »
^sis let me know how it goes with Vatel Manila. I might stick with Teddy Manuel (resident florist of Shangri-La) para wala ng hassle but a friend told me to dictate my budget.. like 5k for mine, and 3k each for my bridesmaids, ganun. I am still working on that and trying to negotiate.  Will share their feedback here.

Hi sis, for me I think I will stick to Teddy Manuel because Amanda Tirol works with him and I feel confident that the flowers will be great on the day itself. At this point, it's really the budget that I'm trying to work out and I hope we can make it work. I am meeting their Boracay team 2 months from now, and I'll update you. I think your friend gave great advice. I really felt that my bouquet is too expensive, so I'm going to talk to them hopefully so that I can have some funds left over for additional styling at the reception (I really want a partial ceiling installation.)

By the way, good news: Boracay is reopening next month!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close