Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)  (Read 17862 times)

gj1206

• GirlTalker
BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:30:26 pm »
Haven't been around because it's been stressful, and unfortunately my coping mechanism is to bury my head in the sand! (Not good, I know.)

Anyway -- THREAD 1 here and THREAD 2 here.

As of 03 November 2015, some basic information re: planning a wedding in Boracay:

WEDDING ORGANISERS
Amanda Tirol  - www.boracayweddings.org
Ronald Soncio - www.ronaldsoncioevents.com

(Will maybe add more later; but I suggest contacting either of them and once you get their services, they can help you source for local wedding suppliers)

---

Ang major tanong ko sa ngayon -- how did you ex-Boracay brides transport your wedding gowns? Did you pack it in your maleta, or leave it in the designer's box?

DESUL(s)TORY.org | instagram.com/gemkarita
Books & travel...but mostly books.

NarsJJ

Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 05:22:32 pm »
Hi gj1206! I feel ya sistah! My big day is in less than 4 months and I am stressing out trying to budget things out and checking all the details  :o pero excited rin naman kasi it's almost here!

Kelan wedding mo? And saan ka ikakasal sa boracay? I have the same exact question as to how the heck will I pack my wedding dress sa plane! Anyways thanks for starting this thread, been stalking this forum for the next boracay thread  ;D

imbisibol_

• Junior GirlTalker
  • www.EricAndCharie.com
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 05:29:59 am »
gj1206, because of pamahiin, i didn't transport my wedding gown myself.  my aunt did that for me, so it travelled with her from north america to hongkong (stopover) to NAIA to caticlan.  it wasn't in a box but was in a garment bag.  during the international flight, the stewardess hung it in a closet.  the local flights, it went inside the overhead bins.  yep, it travelled 8,524 miles unscathed..

gj1206

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 09:52:05 pm »
NarsJJ
Wedding just finished 2 weeks ago! If you have Amanda Tirol, I cannot sing praises enough; I did NOT stress at all about details. Ang stress ko lang was the gastos, and to be fair, on the day, your little details wouldn't matter much kase it goes so quick! Focus lang on enjoying your day!

(The only things I would change would be to provide sunnies din siguro aside from fans. And maybe a katya bag as a souvenir for all the guests -- and for us, para wala ng plastic bag pag mag grocery! Hehe)

imbisibol_
I didn't know about this pamahiin! I ended up throwing it inside a suitcase (in its garment bag) along with the other bridesmaids gowns and my mother's gown and dad's barong to be steamed morning of the day (care of Amanda's team again; they are so, so brilliant).

NarsJJ

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 08:08:37 pm »
Congratulations gj1206! I'm so happy for you! Totoo nga at the end of the day nothing will be perfect but close it at least  ;) I do have Amanda and she's been so helpful but it's still really hard not being able to see the details.

Ano ang sunnies? I'm working with Amanda in getting katsa bags for souvenirs too!

I had no idea about the pamahiin too. Kaya I'm not too fond of superstitions. So gj1206 did you check your luggage in or did you have it with you as a carry on?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:57:57 pm by NarsJJ »

gj1206

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 07:08:23 pm »
^I did a check-in luggage. Just buy additional weight when you book your tickets (swerte naman that my dad is a really light packer so carry-on lang meron siya haha).

Sunnies = sunglasses! There's so much details talaga when you're going through the planning with Amanda, pero on the day everything just flew by! Like at first I wanted chalkboard signs, I was stressing over the minutest detail of the table arrangments...e si husband wanted something simple, so parang ako fiiiiine (less gastos and stress pa kase I wasn't worrying about props). I think we can get away from not having too much, kase the location pa lang benta na! Tapos maganda rin ang lighting, so lahat naging maganda haha!

NarsJJ

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 02:54:23 pm »
So true ganda ng sunset by the beach! Pero naiinis na ako parang meron laging extra ang gusto nilang i-charge, pati ba naman electricity? Is that normal?

Anyways I doubt my dress will fit in a carry on so I don't think I have a choice booo heheh

Did you use a tent for your reception?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:58:52 pm by NarsJJ »

bheldandi

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 10:46:59 pm »
Hi mga sis. 2 weeks to go na lang until our wedding day. And true to what others have said, sobrang sulet si Amanda. Yung iba kong friends na nagpakasal  super stressed nung malapet na yung wedding nila. Kame tapos na with the details a month before pa lang. And to think we changed venues pa at the last minute

NarsJJ

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 09:56:45 pm »
Congrats bheldandi! So excited for you! Tell us all about it when you get back from your honeymoon  ;)

NikkiV

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 11:55:14 pm »
congrats sis bheldandi! enjoy the wedding & honeymoon! :)

april_kristina

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 06:57:27 am »
Hi ladies,

I was just wondering for past and future boracay brides who used string lights / paper lanterns.

Around how much are they to rent? I was given initial price of 20K to rent. Is this within the range ba or too much?

Please advice.

Thank you
:) :) :)

arch.mary

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 07:04:11 pm »
Yes hm din ang string lights and white/brown chairs if pag sa asya? Sino din pala kinuha nyong host for your wedding?

For ronald brides, di ba talaga sya masyado nagrreply pag OTD coordination lang kinuha mo? Im getting upset already. Please advice thanks.

Hi sis! R. Soncio bride here and OTD lang din kinuha ko. In my case mabilis naman siya magreply and minsan tinatawagan pa niya nga ako right after ko magtext sakanya. I guess what you should do is ipunin mo nalang din siguro mga tanong mo sakanya para isang bagsakan lang din reply niya hehe :)

MichelleZ

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 04:53:56 pm »
Hi girls!!! Just had our beautiful wedding yesterday at Asya. Still have this wedding hangover! Still speechless, still lost of words but it was everything we wanted and more.😍 i hope i can be able to do a detailed review of all our suppliers but we're  still currently in Boracay enjoying the sunset with my now hubby. 😊 I will post my review soon here girls.

Its really true pala na not everything you planned will all happen on the day. There will be circumstances like the weather-I wanted a sunset wedding but medyo di nagshow si haring araw samen haha and it drizzled a bit but sabi nga nila, its a blessing.:) Amanda and her crew were there to calm me and controlled everything, made it a point that everything will run smoothly. And voila!! It was PERFECT!!! :)  The day was all so quick but then my hubby and I especially the guests had fun, thats the most important part of it. Goodluck to all my fellow boracay brides and brides to be. Just be yourself and let it go on the day.:)

princessshayera

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 04:50:06 pm »
Hi Sis! I'll be having my prenup in Boracay. Can anyone recommend a good HMUA? :)

ellesor

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 11:22:04 am »
I highly recommend Ms May Jasmin Labao of Boracay hair and make up artist. She is super nice and talented. She was my make up artist for my wedding last Jan 29.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:23:43 am by ellesor »

princessshayera

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 11:28:42 am »
I highly recommend Ms May Jasmin Labao of Boracay hair and make up artist. She is super nice and talented. She was my make up artist for my wedding last Jan 29.

Thanks, sis! Would you know how much she charges? Ang nirerecommend sa akin ni Mayad is Fern Quimpo, do you have feedback sa knya as well? :)

ellesor

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 02:54:11 pm »
Not sure if how much pag prenup lang. About fern naman, i cant personally recommend him kasi di ko pa natry services nya.

darkhorse

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 06:41:46 pm »
Hi Everyone! First , I am not as active as everyone in this thread but both 1 and 2 threads are worth the read. Thank you to all past boracay brides! And just had finished with our honeymoon! We got married last Jan 7 at Asya! And very true that everything won't go as planned so just enjoy the day as it will go quickly. The weather was perfect and we had really good PV SDEs!

I highly recommend renting the LED wall if you have SDEs as they are worth it. :)

Will organise myself and will review our suppliers for future references. :) Congratulations to Jan 2016 couples! XX

jajadc

• Probationary
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 06:09:31 pm »
Hello ladies,

So happy to find this forum :) my wedding is on feb 2017.

So far i booked my wedding coordinator, Ronald Soncio and reception at Estacio Uno.

May request for your recommendation on photobooth, live band, and flowers supplier?

Salamat!

momo_chan

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 02:08:33 pm »
Hi Ladies!

This is my first time ever to post sa thread kahit na long time lurker na ako..  ;D ;D
Question lang sa mga nag Holy Rosary Parish Church na wedding, did you ever pay any downpayment? Mej magulo kausap yung ka text ko na girl from the church, and i really want to lock the date na for the wedding. *stress*

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close