Author Topic: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)  (Read 65976 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2015, 01:57:51 am »
For those who wear braces, you dentist can temporarily remove them for an added fee, and then put them back on after the wedding just in case you dont finish the program before the wedding. =) Im just not sure how much it will cost.

marchbridetobe

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2015, 09:02:21 am »
Those who have idea and have already tried teeth whitening, how many sessions ba in order for you to see the results and gaano katagal ang interval? meron bang cases na di inaallow ng dentist ang whitening? and I read na nakakangilo daw sya and nakakabrittle ng teeth? gusto ko din sana kaso coffee drinker ako eh, alam ko bawal yata mga colored drinks pag nagpateeth whitening :(

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2015, 09:02:48 am »
^ i already asked my dentist sis Chili, it will cost as much as getting new braces daw :(

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2015, 09:09:25 am »
^yep sis new contract kasi sya. friend ko kasi dentist ko kaya yung sakin binigay nya as free.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2015, 09:57:08 am »
Awww sis bzbee that'll be too expensive. Samin ninang namin our dentist kaya free na removal and cleaning.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2015, 10:11:22 am »
Those who have idea and have already tried teeth whitening, how many sessions ba in order for you to see the results and gaano katagal ang interval? meron bang cases na di inaallow ng dentist ang whitening? and I read na nakakangilo daw sya and nakakabrittle ng teeth? gusto ko din sana kaso coffee drinker ako eh, alam ko bawal yata mga colored drinks pag nagpateeth whitening :(

If you do laser teeth whitening you cannot drink or eat anything colored for 3 days. So even pasta with red spaghetti sauce isnt allowed. Ive only done this once a long time ago and OMG ang sakit after. So never again!! I would feel sharp jabs of pain after for like 3 days. Although my pain tolerance is low.

I prefer a chemical teeth whitening like Opalescence system. I always have stock of this pero nakakatamad! You can see results in about 2-3 times, there is a big difference. Then every 1-2 months I use it again to maintain although I only use it like 4x a year at most now because nakakatamad.And no I dont feel like it makes my teeth brittle because maybe I dont use it often. Medyo useless lang talaga and whitening for coffee and red wine drinkers. because sobrang lakas mag darken ng teeth especially red wine.

marchbridetobe

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2015, 10:59:27 am »
^aww yun nga din nababasa ko masakit daw talaga. hay if only veneers are affordable sana yun na lang..

san available ang chemical teeth whitening Opalescence system sis? at bat nakakatamad ano bang procedure ang ginagawa?

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2015, 12:56:00 pm »
thanks sis hermione. i'll give that a try.

i was thinking of having my teeth whitened din if may budget pa but since useless naman for coffee drinkers, wag na lang. baka mastress ako masyado without a single drop of coffee daily and baka mag breakout lang yung skin ko.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2015, 01:20:18 pm »
^aww yun nga din nababasa ko masakit daw talaga. hay if only veneers are affordable sana yun na lang..

san available ang chemical teeth whitening Opalescence system sis? at bat nakakatamad ano bang procedure ang ginagawa?

Sis most dentists will carry a variation of chemical bleaching system. Hehe its not difficult to do. The bleaching gel comes in a syringe tube then you put a little amount on the tray and wear it for about 1 hour. I use 35% the strongest so the effect is faster and I only need to use the tray for 1 hour, not overnight =)

Sis dentists dont advise veneers as much a possible. Once you have veneers, forever na yon sa teeth! And later on there is a tendency na mag black yung gumline where the veneers are attached.

Some dentists will suggest it kasi malaki kita nila from veneers and any cosmetic dental work. But my cousin whos a dentist from the states advised me against it for a small chip on my front tooth which I got from a very hard fall in college. Veneers are best lang for people with major teeth issues like those whose teeth have corroded  na. For the dentist to apply veneers kasi the have to file/sand your tooth to make space for the veneers to be put on top. Imagine forever ka na nakaganoon and you have to change veneers every number of years.

Magiging black the gumline which almost always happens eventually with neveers http://www.hightechdentist.com/blog/cosmetic-dentistry/black-rims-around-porcelain-crowns-and-porcelain-veneers/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:26:04 pm by Chili1113 »

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2015, 02:47:04 pm »
^Badtrip talaga sis! My teeth were perfect before but nag move talaga ulit eh over the years. Good thing it is just my lower teeth and hindi halata talaga.. The ortho warned me already that if I have it fixed, I have to keep wearing my retainers for the rest of my life or it will move again.

Ako din sis lower teeth lang, tapos slight movement lang and hindi rin halata, pero gusto ko na ma prevent before pa lumala.

@hermione28 retainers just RETAIN kung ano condition ng teeth mo. So if there are spaces or crowding I dont think it would move using it. More of maintaining it lang ang labas ng retainers

Hello po, wala naman pong spaces and crowding, may slight movement lang, hindi na sya straight na straight, medyo tumabingi lang ng konti. I remember kasi when I was a kid mga 12yrs old, nauso yung retainer pampaganda lang ng ipin, nagpagawa ako, tapos yun yung reason kaya maganda yung ipin ko. never pa po ako nagpabrace.

marchbridetobe - i had teeth whitening before, as I can remember bawal ka ng colored drink for a few days lang. Or baka mali ako ng naaalala?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2015, 08:49:50 pm »
hermione28: I just came from the ortho. Apparently at least for me, I cannot just put braces on my lower teeth. I need to put both upper and lower even if my upper is still a perfect arch. It is because once she puts brackets on the lower, it will start moving my upper as it will hit my upper teeth every time I bite.

She also doesnt recommend that I do braces and said di naman halata and i should leave my teeth alone. Many years ago I had a bad fall and it chipped my upper front tooth and put a permanent hairline fracture. And so, putting braces might further weaken the tooth. So there, di rin pala pwede for me.

Also she said she cannot promise that my teeth will be OK in time for the wedding. She can remove the braces for the wedding but I might have gaps in between my teeth. LOL wag na!!! Ill consult with other orthos though, but I trust this one kasi.

Jailalee

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2015, 10:08:16 am »
+1 on the teeth whitening. If you can, please have it done!!

Done with our wedding na and the pictures look great but medyo nabo-bother ako at how yellow my teeth are. :( I'm a hardcore coffee drinker kasi kaya ayun.

jonapee

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2015, 11:24:33 am »
hi mga sis, I just had my 1st session of diode hair removal yesterday at Skin Station SM Fairview. I availed their promo, 8 session for 5000.  :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2015, 12:22:40 pm »
I agree! Teeth whitening has a big effect. Buti pa nga teeth whitening it is super sulit!! eh kung wedding gown ginagastosan and you only wear it once! You wear your teeth day in and day out! =)

Ordered a new teeth whitening tray at the dentist yesterday since my old one doesnt fit well anymore. Yay!! Hehhe I wont be bleaching my teeth just yet because it is a B1 shade or the second from the whitest shade of A1. Ayaw ko naman super fake looking white teeth

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2015, 03:18:52 pm »
Haha sis I also have that whitening in syringe then lagay sa tray from my dentist. Never ko pa nagamit. Sobrang nakakatamad eh :/ Gawin ko siguro 3 mos before the wedding or better do it now na ba? Wedding is on Dec. Iced tea drinker ako. Malakas ba maka-stain yun?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2015, 02:12:22 am »
hi twinx!! Nakakatamd gamitin diba? Hehe Dont worry I think 3 months is enough time! Leave a bit of the medicine so that you can retouch your teeth a week before the wedding. Iced tea and iced coffee isn't that bad in staining the teeth =) Im a super iced tea addict also! Pero iba pag hot coffee and lalo na red wine! Hehe

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2015, 04:39:00 am »
^ I'm a caffeine junkie too :( I better cut down on that.

_glamorosa

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2015, 04:03:28 pm »
hi mga sis, I just had my 1st session of diode hair removal yesterday at Skin Station SM Fairview. I availed their promo, 8 session for 5000.  :)

hi sis! hows the experience? i want to try this too! will look forward to your review! :)

marchbridetobe

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2015, 04:15:43 pm »
thanks for the info sis Chili1113 :) di naman pa painful yung chemical bleaching? medyo mahina kasi pain tolerance ko pag sa ngilo sa teeth eh :( yung 3d crest familiar ka sis, yung parang blue light yata yun? effective kaya yun?

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2015, 04:41:34 pm »
^^hi sis I had may LHR sessions at skin station June last year ako nag start. nakaka 5 sessions na ko so far so good konti lang tumutubo and maninipis nalang

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close