Choosing an outfit becomes much harder when you're nervous, especially when you're shifting companies and you now have a job opportunity on the line. While your 30s are considered your most fashionable years, that doesn't mean that you won't anymore wonder how dressed up or formal you need to be, or if a certain piece you want to wear is the right choice. But before you start rummaging through your closet and trying on 20 different combinations, we have a little tidbit from Queer Eye's fashion guy Tan France that might lead you to the right direction.
When asked for his best styling tip for a job interview, Tan tells theSkimm, "Dress up more professionally than you think you need to." In short, don't worry about being too dressed up—if your outfit is appropriate and professional, you're good to go. You can even go the extra mile if you really want that job!
He also has a good tip if you're already running late: "If you have five minutes, don't try and be creative. It's just not gonna happen. Keep it simple, go for something you've worn before that you know you look good in." Noted with thanks, Tan!
Here's the full video:
Looking for interesting options aside from your usual white-button-down-shirt-and-black-slacks combo? Check out these articles that can help you dress to impress!
- Stylish Ways to Wear Your Turtleneck for Work If You're Always Ginawin: Turtlenecks are cozy yet stylish tops perfect for the rainy season.
- Simple Tricks You Can Try to Look Taller in Pants: Avoid pairing your pants with long tops that tend to shorten your lower body.
- Sleeveless Tops You Can Wear to The Office If You Have a Strict Dress Code: These shoulder-baring pieces can still look professional!
- 9 Easy Power Dressing Ideas from Stylish Pinay Bosses: Updating your rotation of work outfits from time to time can help boost your mood.
- Power Outfit Ideas for Work That Don't Involve Heels: Because power dressing doesn't have to be uncomfortable.
With additional reporting by Charlene J. Owen.