With its classic cut and monotone color, office slacks get a bad reputation for appearing plain and boring, but they're a lot more versatile than you think. Here, we show you the little ways you can style this workwear staple:
1. Update your hip-hugging slacks with a high-waisted pair.
This simple update can make a big difference.
TRY: Mango Belt Straight-fit Trousers, P2,295, available online
2. Match the color of your inner top with your shoes for a stylishly coordinated look.
3. Accessorize with leather!
A pointed pair of leather flats will quickly add a sleek edge to your corporate look.
TRY: Hue Manila Camila, P1,090, available online
FN Tip: Try wearing a black belt with a gold buckle (instead of silver hardware) to add a luxe touch to your day-to-day outfit.
TRY: Zara Belt With Square Buckle, P1,495, available online
4. If you often wear black slacks, consider getting it in another office-appropriate color like beige, white, or navy blue to switch things up.
5. Take the no-fail route to looking chic: Dress in one color.
6. If the dress code permits, reach for a pair of shoes in an interesting hue.
Try jewel tones like mustard and emerald green that won't appear too loud against your black-and-white office outfits.
7. Add texture!
Instead of a plain white button-down shirt, why not wear a shiny satin top?
TRY: Mango Satin Finish Flowy Shirt, P2,295, available online