Out of all the jeans in your closet, your black skinny jeans are, perhaps, the easiest kind to sneak into the workplace. With its dark hue and snug fit, this type of jeans has a sleeker and dressier appearance compared to light blue denim. And if you pair it with the right pieces, this comfy trouser can almost seem as professional-looking as a tailored pair of slacks. Try these outfit combinations below:
1. Style your black skinnies with a crisp button-down shirt to maintain a polished appearance.
This simple, no-fail pairing can look expensive when paired with a leather handbag and minimal jewelry.
FN Tip: Avoid wearing ripped jeans as they run the risk of looking overly casual.
2. For a lazy-day office attire that still looks sharp, you can never go wrong with pairing your black jeans with your office blazer.
FN Tip: Opt for an oversized blazer to offset the slim silhouette of your jeans.
3. Don't forget to accessorize!
A classic black leather belt won't only keep your pants up, but it can instantly polish your otherwise casual denim look.
A pair of statement flats or heels will also work wonders in dressing up your plain black jeans, too.
4. Tone down a printed or colored blouse with your trusty black skinnies.
5. Keep things interesting by playing with proportions!
Go ahead and tuck a knit sweater or any loose blouse into your black skinnies.