Some clothing items make for fun shopping and wardrobe mixing—think trendy pieces like sequined shorts and floral rompers. But not all clothing pieces are worth the label of "closet keeper"—a term we use here to refer to perennial classics like denim jeans and black dresses. Closet keepers are those items you find relevant even after you've outgrown just about every trend in existence; think of them as investments of the sartorial type.
If you regularly check Female Network's fashion and beauty pages, you would certainly have come across our feature on the 10 Wardrobe Essentials for Every Budget. If you're an ardent reader, you would have also seen our excerpt from the August 2011 issue of Town & Country Philippines, where celebrity stylist Liz Uy shared her own closet must-haves.
This time around, we asked esteemed Filipino designer Rajo Laurel for his own views on what particular pieces no woman should be without. Interestingly enough, his choices more or less reflect what Liz and what we put in our own lists!
Browse through the gallery for 10 items all women should have in their closet, according to Rajo Laurel.
Want more wardrobe essentials fashion features? Click through to these galleries:
- Closet Keepers: 10 Wardrobe Essentials for Every Budget
- Celeb Stylist Liz Uy Lists 10 Things Every Woman Should Have in Her Closet
- 6 Style Staples Every Fabulous Mom Should Have
For more stories on Rajo Laurel, browse these galleries:
- Effortless Elegance: 5 Stress-Free Styling Tips from Rajo Laurel
- Boy Meets Girl: Over 20 Androgynous Looks from House of Laurel
- Creative Careers: Rajo Laurel Teaches You How to Mix Your Passion with Business Smarts
(Flashbox photo courtesy of Wharton)