When it comes to makeup, we women can always rely on one particular staple: lipstick. Think of how striking a bold red shade looks against a simple black dress or how flirty a pink pout is with your favorite sundress. Concealer aside, our makeup kits won't be complete without a tube or two of lipstick.
On your next date with your man, forego heavy eye makeup. Instead, put all the focus on your lips—with a swipe of crimson, nude, pink, or orange lip color. Rest assured his eyes won't be leaving you anytime soon.
Looking to buy? Use our store directory for easy shopping:
- Avon is available through Avon representatives or Avon beauty centers. Check this directory for the center nearest you.
- Benefit is available at Greenbelt 5.
- Bloom, Smashbox, and Youngblood are available at Beauty Bar stores nationwide. Check this store directory for the branch nearest you.
- Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Estee Lauder, and NARS are available at Rustan's Department Stores in Glorietta, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Gateway, and Alabang Town Center.
- Etude House is available at SM Supermalls nationwide.
- Human Nature is available at Beauty Bar and online. You can also check for the branch nearest you via this store directory.
- L'Oreal, Max Factor, and Maybelline are available at leading beauty stores and department stores nationwide.
- Natasha Beauty is available online at the official Natasha website. You may also check this directory for the branch nearest you.
- MAC is available at Power Plant Mall, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and Glorietta 3.
For more date-ready makeup looks to try, browse through these links:
- From Sweet to Sexy: 3 Makeup Looks to Get His Heart Racing
- Wear Your Gems: 5 Jewel-Toned Makeup Looks to Try
- Holiday Makeup Tutorial: Smoky-Eyed Siren
- Holiday Makeup Tutorial: Vintage Vixen
(First published in the February 2008 issue of Marie Claire Philippines, Beauty section as "Lip Smacking Good;" photos by Pat Dy; makeup by Barbi Chan; model: Patty Ortega; adapted for use in Female Network)