If you have oily skin, and you hate how most creamy moisturizers make your skin look and feel greasy by lunchtime, consider switching to gel formulas. Gel moisturizers are normally water-based so they feel lighter on the skin—this also means they absorb quickly!
Check out the ones we’ve already tried and tested (and swear by) below:
1. This watery gel moisturizer leaves a cooling, matte finish and minimizes midday shine with its oil-controlling properties. It's a lighter alternative to your traditional day creams!
It's a little pricey for a moisturizer but a little goes a long, long way so this jar could last for months.
TRY: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream, P1,750/50mL, available in all Kiehl's branches
This August, proceeds from each tub—which features a limited-edition underwater design by avid divers Richard and Raymond Gutierrez—sold will directly fund Save Philippines Seas’ and Kiehl’s Philippines partnership to preserve Anilao.
2. For a water-based gel moisturizer that won't hurt your suweldo, this drugstore find containing aloe vera provides light, nonsticky hydration.
Those with combination skin can also use this on their oily t-zone area.
TRY: Celeteque Dermo Science Hydration Facial Moisturizer, P250/100mL, available at Watsons
3. Made from Jeju aloe vera leaf extract, this raved-about bouncy, gel moisturizer hydrates, soothes and calms oily, irritated skin.
It doubles as a hydrating sleeping mask, too!
TRY: The Face Shop Jeju Aloe Fresh Soothing Gel, P250, available at Beauty MNL
Aside from moisturizers, here are other lightweight gel beauty products worth adding to your routine, especially if you've got greasy skin (and hair!):
1. With its water-based formula, this conditioner hydrates hair without making your locks feel greasy, especially by midday.
An added bonus: Its watery, gel-like texture is also easier to rinse compared to traditional creamy conditioners.
TRY: Cream Silk Hydra Fresh, P149/150mL and P259/300mL, available in all leading supermarkets, department stores, and drugstores nationwide
FN Tip: Avoid applying conditioner all over your hair. As celebrity hairstylist Mark Rosales previously shared with Female Network, if you've got an oily scalp, focus on slathering conditioner on your strands (most especially on the ends!) to avoid greasy roots.
2. This gel-to-foam cleanser contains Hyaluronic Acid to remove excess oil and dirt without leaving your skin feeling parched and tight.
TRY: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Face Cleanser, P504/145mL, available at Lazada
3. This sunscreen won't make you hate adding an extra layer of product on your oily skin; it feels like just another fast-absorbing, watery-gel moisturizer on the face!
Plus, unlike most sunscreens, it doesn't leave a white cast.
TRY: Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA++++; P488, available in department stores