Breast cancer is the leading form of cancer in the country, according to the Philippine Information Agency, and this makes the campaign to raise awareness about the disease especially relevant to Filipino women. Early detection is the best cure for cancer, but not enough women know about how imperative it is to learn more about the disease and have themselves checked regularly.
Lea Salonga and Shamcey Supsup are just some of the stars who have shown their support for the cause by joining different campaigns and standing as ambassadors for breast cancer throughout the years. Scroll through the gallery below to find out what celebrity advocates have to say about breast cancer and what they've done to promote the cause.
You too can pledge to spread awareness about breast cancer. Support ICanServe Foundation Inc., an organization dedicated to the cause, by becoming a volunteer or donating.
Want to read more articles about breast cancer? Check these out on FN:
- 5 Things You Can Do to Reduce Your Risk of Getting Breast Cancer
- What Every Woman Should Know about Breast Cancer
- Health News: An absence of lumps doesn't always mean you don't have breast cancer
- 3 Things You May Not Know about Breast Cancer from Good Housekeeping
- Tetta Ortiz-Matera: Model, Writer, and Breast Cancer Advocate