Teleserye Alta, which was supposed to star Gretchen Barretto, KC Concepcion, and Angelica Panganiban, has been officially shelved, PEP.ph reports. In an interview with Boy Abunda on The Buzz on February 26, Gretchen revealed she was devastated after she got the news.
"Iniyakan ko ang proyektong yun (I cried because of this project)," she is quoted as saying. "I guess kasi na-disappoint ako. Ang tagal-tagal kong hinintay yung proyekto. (I guess it was because I was disappointed. I waited for this project for so long.)"
"Nag-bonding kami ng cast," Gretchen added. "I exercised really hard for it. Nagpagawa ako ng maraming damit. Kumpleto na ang mga wardrobe namin from start 'till the end. (I had a lot of clothes made. All our wardrobes are complete from start 'till the end [of the series.])"
Despite the teleserye being shelved, however, Gretchen was glad she had the opportunity to work with Angelica Panganiban, Derek Ramsay's girlfriend. Gretchen and Angelica got involved in a word war in 2010 when Derek was Gretchen's love team partner on Magkaribal. Since then, the two have made up and are even friends.
Gretchen told The Buzz that she still wanted to work with Angelica in the future. "I got to know Angelica Panganiban in the deeper sense," she said of their experiences together. "Noong nag-workshop kami, naintindihan ko na, 'A, ganito pala itong batang 'to dahil may pinanggagalingan.' (When we did workshops together, I understood that, 'Ah, this person is like this for a reason.') And I want to really get to know her even more."
For now, though, her hopes of a project with Angelica will have to wait. Gretchen is part of the cast of a new project called Princess and I, which will star actress Kathryn Bernardo. She will be playing the role of the queen, a bida-kontrabida role that will test her acting skills.
For more on Gretchen Barretto, check these out on FN:
- Gretchen Barretto to KC Concepcion: "Be true to yourself."
- Claudine and Gretchen Barretto Reconcile
- Anne Curtis, Kim Chiu, and More of YES!'s 10 Best Dressed Stars in 2012
- Celebrity Style Inspirations: Kim Chiu, KC Concepcion, and More at the Star Magic Ball
For more on Angelica Panganiban, try these:
- 3 Tips for First-Time South Beach Dieters from Angelica Panganiban
- Bianca Gonzalez, Angelica Panganiban, and More Share Their Top Shopping Indulgences
- 5 Life Lessons You Can Learn from Angelica Panganiban
- Angelica Panganiban and Gretchen Barretto Reconcile + Healing Rifts With Rivals
- Angelica Panganiban stars in Pantene Pro-V Nature Care's biggest hair commercial ever
- Derek Says He'll Marry Angelica if She Wants: 5 Signs He’s Ready to Tie the Knot
(Photos courtesy of PEP.ph)