Another round of promotions has been doled out, and again, you’ve been passed over. What's holding you back? Could you be the person who's standing in the way of your success? Not on purpose, of course, but perhaps you're exhibiting behavior at work that keeps your name off the promotion list. Sure, you produce results, but contrary to what you might think, that isn’t all that matters. Check out the list below to learn about behaviors or habits you could be guilty of that may put your career on standby.
For more advice on moving your career forward, check out these FN articles:
- Love What You Do: 6 Tips on Rekindling Your Passion for Your Career
- 6 Tips That Can Help Move Your Career Forward
- Cubicle Coach: 10 Common-Sense Skills You Need to Develop to Get to the Top
- 6 Tips for Landing Your Dream Job
- Cubicle Coach: 5 Things That Could Be Killing Your Career
(First published in Marie Claire Magazine, Careers section as “6 Ways to Career Suicide” in November 2007; adapted for use in Female Network)