Do you ever think about buying your own home? While renting may have its perks, chances are, you'll stumble upon a property or a community where you'd want to grow old and build a haven. If you have been sitting on the idea for a while, here are some telltale signs that can help you decide:
1. You’re ready for the responsibilities of being a homeowner.
Before signing that deed of sale, ask yourself these three questions:
- Are you willing to pay mortgage and monthly taxes?
- Are you ready for regular repairs or annual renovation?
- Are you ready to take on daily household maintenance tasks?
2. You're out of debt.
It’s no secret that buying a home entails spending a lot of money—it’s important that your main focus is your home and that you won’t be bothered by other financial commitments.
3. You have enough saved up for monthly taxes or emergency renovations.
It isn't just about the price tag of the home—buying property also comes with a lot of extra expenses including taxes and repairs.
4. You want to settle down (whether or not you have a family).
Home ownership is huge investment and you cannot suddenly change your mind about it. Buying a home means staying in the same neighborhood for a long time—perfect if you want to start a family or as part of a huge career move or a change in lifestyle.
5. You have good credit.
If you're applying for a housing loan, it is vital that you have a stable job and a decent salary to make sure all your requests are approved. Instead of moving towards a smart investment, low credit may lead you to more debt in the future.
This story originally appeared on Realliving.com.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Femalenetwork.com editors.