Statistics indicate that no more than 15 percent of individuals who dare become entrepreneurs succeed. Eighty-five percent lose their investments and end up going back to employment (if they are lucky to find a job waiting for them). You can have a better chance at being in the successful 15 percent if you have a real passion for your chosen business and if you apply the tips in the gallery below.
For related articles, check out these links:
- 10 Business Commandments Every Budding Entrepreneur Should Follow
- Job Satisfaction Leads to Better Mental Health + 5 Tips on Turning a Hobby into a Career
- Starting Your Own Business on Multiply
- How to be an Entrepreneurial Woman on Top
- Wise up: Start your own business!
- Career Options: 10 Work-from-Home Jobs to Consider
- Sideline Suggestions: 10 Jobs to Supplement Your Income
- Online Businesses You Can Run without Leaving Your House
(First published in Good Housekeeping Magazine, Money Wisdom section as "Business Mom" in April 2010; adapted for use in Female Network. Photo by Greg Peverill-Conti via Flickr Creative Commons)