Interviewers usually ask about current salary or salary expectations to know if you are within the range of what they can offer. Be careful about sharing this sensitive information, and know when it’s appropriate to discuss salaries so as not to preempt the interview process.
For more work-related advice, check these out:
- Good-Time Girl: 5 Tips for Better Time Management
- Managing Your Manager: 7 Tips on Dealing with Your Boss
- Office Outsider: 5 Ways You Could Be Missing Out on Team Bonding
- Keep Calm and Carry On: 5 Tips to Dealing with Tension in the Workplace
- Work Efficiency Tip: Understand Your Boss's Motives to Get Ideas Approved Faster
(First published in the August 2010 issue of Good Housekeeping as "Show Me the Money"; adapted for use in Female Network)