Any single woman in her 30s (or even mid-20s!) has probably been subjected to comments that can make anyone feel like they're walking around with a huge expiration date tattooed on their foreheads. Can you relate? You're not alone, girl. Comments like, "Why aren't you married yet?", or "Nauubusan ka na ng lalaki!", or the titas' favorite, "When are you having kids?" are just some of the sentiments we're tired of hearing.
People barely acknowledge your career accomplishments, focusing instead on why you're single, when you want to get married, and how many kids you want to have. Here are six different (and fun) ways you can respond to people who insist on tying your worth to your relationship status:
1. "I'm alone, not lonely."
2. "I like being single. I'm always there when I need me."
3. "Single by choice, not by chance."
4. "I'm single, not desperate."
5. "I'm in a long-distance relationship. My boyfriend lives in the future."
6. "I am mine before I am anyone else's."
Now, watch these words written in calligraphy: