Whoever said that you need a man to satisfy you is probably either a man or someone who has never tried to pleasure herself. After all, you, of all people, know your body best. Would it be such a stretch to say that you’d also be the foremost expert at giving yourself pleasure? We thought not. But if this is your first foray into solo sex, allow us to give you a few tips we received from Eleanor Leung, co-proprietor of Pleasure Place herself!
1. Create a suitable environment. Turn the lights down low, close the curtains, and, of course, make sure you’re not disturbed. There’s nothing more embarrassing than being caught with your hands down your knickers (unless that was your plan all along)!
2. Play some music. Another way to help you ease into masturbation is by playing music, says Eleanor. How do you feel about Robin Thicke or John Legend?
3. Use your imagination. Whether you want to imagine you and your man having sex or something of a more fantastical nature, go for it! You're the only one privy to your thoughts.
4. Try different positions. Different positions cause different sensations, according to Eleanor. It’s okay if you have a favorite—many do—but you won’t figure it out until you experiment.
5. Watch porn. Porn is not meant for men only. You might be surprised at how much pleasure you’d get from downloading a few clips yourself!
(Pleasure Place has branches located at G/F Metrowalk Meralco Ave, Ortigas, Pasig City; 2nd Floor Villa Bldg. Makati Ave; and at Unit 24 D'Mall Plaza, New Annex Station 2 Boracay Island)
(Photo by rent-a-moose via Flickr Creative Commons; used for illustrative purposes only)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CommentsLoad More Stories