While moms say you should make a guy work for your attention, dads say you should learn how to understand each other’s differences. Here are some of the best pieces of relationship advice seven women got from the first man in their lives.
1. You can always count on me to be there for you if some guy breaks your heart.
"Follow your heart and don’t forget that I’m always here for you." –Krista, 24
2. Learn how to understand each other’s differences.
"Value your personal space because it’s a way for you to respect each other." –Faye, 23
3. Don’t let your emotions get in the way.
"Always get to know the person first before getting into a relationship with him. Saying ‘I love you’ is one thing, showing it is another. Learn what his motives are." –Emi, 23
4. He should have good and moral values.
"As long as he fears the Lord and knows how to handle life, he’s okay." –Abi, 26
5. You deserve to be treated with respect.
"He should go to the house, introduce himself, and meet me." –Micah, 20
6. Wait for that special person to come in your life.
"Go enjoy the world and love will just come around when it's the right time." –Grace, 26
7. Knowing your worth as woman is very important.
"You deserve better." –Persia, 24
PHOTO: The Last Song (2010)/ Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures