After the cermony, the flowers, and the ring, you and your husband will find that your biggest project is working on your marriage. No matter how much you try to prepare for problems that may come up along the way, there are a lot of things you won't be ready for. But it is possible to make your union successful. Check out 7 tips to help you out in the slideshow below.
For more tips on making a happy marriage, check out these FN articles:
- 7 Questions You Should Ask Yourself to Build a Stronger Marriage
- Speak Up: 5 Tips to Better Communication with Your Husband
- For Better or Worse: 8 Tips to Live Happily Ever After with Your Husband
- True Love: 8 Secrets to a Happy Marriage
- Relationships 101: How to Communicate Effectively as a Couple
(First published in Good Housekeeping Magazine, Good Family section as "Keep It Real" in August 2010; adapted for use in Female Network)