When you start out your relationship, it's easy to forgive. The so-called honeymoon period has you pushing aside misunderstandings and irritations so as not to ripple the seemingly calm waters. But while this is perfectly natural, you should also make time to hash out major issues that could start out as minor irritations when you're still basking in the newness of being committed to one another. Setting some ground rules in the early stages of your relationship can help prevent the buildup of problems between you and your man later on.
Scroll down and click through the items to learn about five basic issues you need to iron out with your guy at the onset of a committed relationship.
For more advice on dealing with relationship problems, check out these FN articles:
- Entering the Friend Zone: 5 Tips on Moving from Potential Romance to Friendship
- What relationship killer are you guilty of?
- What should I do when he flirts with other women online?
- Possessive No More: 5 Ways to Curb Your Jealous Streak
- Just Between You and Him: 5 Ways to Build Trust in a Relationship
(Originally published as "Geoff Eigenmann and Carla Abellana Clear up Misunderstandings + 5 Basic Relationship Issues Couples Need to Sort Out Early On" on FemaleNetwork.com)