While the holidays mean hearing carols play on the radio and seeing Christmas lights all around the city, it also means that the busiest season has begun. Everyone is rushing to get their Christmas shopping done, decorating their home, and preparing for the countless gatherings that will happen in the next few weeks.
In your own home, preparing for Noche Buena and your other family reunions can be quite a feat. Making your house look festive with the holiday décor and turning your Noche Buena table into a visual feast can take up a lot of your time, so we’ve got six super-easy hacks that can make your Christmas extra colorful without the added stress. These drinks and treats are easy enough for you and your kids to make and enjoy over the holidays!
1. Grape Punch
Serve the Christmas spirit through your drinks by making this holiday and party staple—fruit punch made with Tang Grape! Best served chilled, have ice cubes at the ready and some fresh orange and apple slices to add a bit of fancy to your drink in honor of the holidays.
1 litro pack of Tang Grape
1L waterIce cubes to chill
Orange slices, apple slices
1. Mix Tang Grape in 1L pitcher of water or punch bowl. Mix well.
2. Garnish with orange and apple slices!
3. Serve with ice cubes to chill.
2. Pineapple Lemonade
Perk up family gatherings this holiday season by serving Pineapple Lemonade! Adults and kids alike love citrus fruits such as pineapples and lemons, thus making this a refreshing drink that everyone can enjoy. Here’s how you can make it:
1 litro pack of Tang Pineapple1 lemon, juiced, don’t forget to remove the seeds!
1 lemon, cut into 8 slices for garnish
1L of waterIce cubes to chill
Half a cup fresh pineapple slices
Brown sugar, as needed
1. Mix Tang Pineapple in 1L pitcher of water. Mix well.
2. Add the lemon juice and lemon slices in the same pitcher. Stir well
3. Add the fresh pineapple slices.
4. Serve in a nice pitcher with ice cubes for a refreshing taste!
Note: Add brown sugar, as needed.
3. Strawberry Milkshake
What’s a surefire way to get kids excited? A milk shake! Make your holiday season even sweeter for kids and kids-at-heart by making a Strawberry Milkshake!
1 litro pack of Tang Strawberry
1 cup crushed ice1 cup of milk
1 banana, peeled, cut into chunks, frozen
1. Mix Tang Strawberry in 1L pitcher of water. Mix well.
2. Blend the juice with frozen banana chunks, crushed ice and milk until thick, creamy, and smooth - about 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
3. Serve in nice glasses with colorful straws!
4. Iced Popsies
Some family reunions start in the afternoon and last all the way to midnight as you ring in the New Year together. During these get-togethers, it can be a challenge to keep the kids entertained for such a long time. The solution? Gather them in the kitchen and show them how to make Iced Popsies with Tang Apple! They can all choose their favorite ice molds, and serve these iced treats themselves later in the evening. Here’s how to make it:
1 litro pack of Tang Apple
1. Mix Tang Apple in 1L pitcher of water. Mix well.
2. Add small Apple slices in the mixture.
3. Pour mixture on your favorite ice mold!
4. If using wooden ice pop sticks, soak sticks for an hour in warm water before making pops (helps keep them from floating up when inserted into molds).
5. Freeze for about 4 hours or until completely solid.
5. Mango Slushie
When the whole family is busy putting up the Christmas decorations in your home, invite them to take a break with a refreshing Mango Slushie! A fun tip: serve them in nice glasses with colorful straws to keep everyone’s spirits up.
1 litro pack of Tang Mango
½ cup non-fat or skim milk ½ cup ice
1 frozen ripe banana, sliced
1. Mix Tang Mango in 1L pitcher of water. Mix well.
2. Blend the juice, frozen banana chunks, milk and ice together until thick, creamy, and smooth - about 3-5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
3. Serve in a nice glass with colorful straws!
6. Ice Candy
Teach your kids to make this refreshing treat in time for the holidays! Ice candy is a favorite of kids and adults alike, so imagine the delight of your friends and family when your kids pass these around during Christmas Parties at home or in school. Check out this simple recipe:
1 litro pack of Tang Orange1 liter cold water
1 peeled orange (small slices)
Plastic ice bags (small/medium)Pitcher and stirrer/spoonFunnel
1. Mix Tang Orange in 1L pitcher of water. Mix well.
2. Prepare your ice bags. Place the funnel at the open end of the ice bag and slowly pour in the mixed beverage.
3. Add small slices of oranges slices!
4. Tie off the top to hold the liquid securely in place.
5. Repeat until necessary.
6. Place the ice bags with the juice in the freezer and leave them for an hour or two. And voila, your Orange Ice Candies are ready!
Aside from these hacks, Tang Philippines has come up with another way to make your Christmas more colorful: a toy shopping spree!