If you stay home in the Philippines while your husband works overseas, it's only natural to worry that the distance between you will cause your marriage to fall apart. It's important to remember, though, that in any marriage, both husband and wife have a part to play. The physical distance between two people in a marriage can be a hurdle in keeping the relationship solid. Yet research proves that distance is not a major factor in breakups.
Here's how you can make your marriage work despite the distance.
For more on long-distance relationships, check this out on FN:
Need more marriage tips? Try these:
- 7 Questions You Should Ask Yourself to Build a Stronger Marriage
- Speak Up: 5 Tips to Better Communication with Your Husband
- For Better or Worse: 8 Tips to Live Happily Ever After with Your Husband
- True Love: 8 Secrets to a Happy Marriage
- Relationships 101: How to Communicate Effectively as a Couple
(First published as "It Takes Two" in Good Housekeeping Magazine in March 2010; screencaps and photos from Going the Distance courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures; adapted for use in Female Network)